3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

This is Weird. Anybody heard of this

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question This is Weird. Anybody heard of this

This started yesterday. My doors LOCK when I turn the key off and when I open the door all of the doors don't unlock like they used to. This is really a PITA because if i'm not careful I will lock the keys in my truck if I open the door first and then turn the key off.

I disconnected both batteries for a few minutes hoping that the computer would clear and i also went through the procedure for activating and deactivating the automatic locks and none of these fixed the problem.

Has anyone ever heard of this or have any advice.

TIA

Eli
Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 PM

do you have an aftermarket keyless entry or starter??
Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 PM

My after market auto arming alarm does the same thing. And ya, It has locked me out, but luckily I have the factory door opener hidden in a stategic place---on the out side---in a water tight plastic box. After I noticed this I planned for this LOL, eventuality.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by 3500_CTD
do you have an aftermarket keyless entry or starter??
No, everything is factory. It also locks sometimes when I turn the key on to start the truck.

No ideas?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Great_big_juan
My after market auto arming alarm does the same thing. And ya, It has locked me out, but luckily I have the factory door opener hidden in a stategic place---on the out side---in a water tight plastic box. After I noticed this I planned for this LOL, eventuality.
You can program an aftermarket alarm to not do that.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 AM

My rolling locks stopped working ~ a year after I bought my truck, which is also stock. I haven't used the key fobs to reset it, yet, but figure it's just one of those gremlins that will appear with anything electrical or computer related.

On my 95 ram, sometimes when I used a touchless carwash, the power locks would unlock/lock/unlock a few times. Could you have gotten some water in there recently?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Still haven't been able to figure this out yet short of going to the dealer. i did find out yesterday that if I push the power button on the stereo then the locks will lock again. Could one of my batteries be going out or something like that. My truck starts fine but There is something definitely wierd going on with the power on this truck. Has anyone ever had one battery go out? if so did anything wierd happen during that time?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Just to make sure that I'm understanding you correctly, the locks are doing the opposite of what they used to?

If so, it sounds like you lost ground in the door unlock circuit.

Does the fob work correctly? If so then it's from the computer to the locks. Just trouble shoot through the electrical prints.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:56 PM

I had a similar problem with my '00. Turns out it was a loose ground under the dash. When I would use the power seat or roll the windows up or down(electric) it would make the lock buttons go crazy. They would just start locking and unlocking. I tightened up the ground and everything was fine. Might be something to check out.