3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Want to make your own BioDiesel? FuelMeister™ can help you.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Want to make your own BioDiesel? FuelMeister™ can help you.

Want do you guys think making your own Biodiesel at $0.70 per gallon? If you can make enough fuel might be a good business to get into. Check out the link below. I'm really thinking about getting one. It will pay for itself.

http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/pr...uelmeister.asp
Old 06-13-2005, 10:27 PM

The "Trucks" show on spike TV just did an episode on this kit. Looked very interesting. It might be worth it for people that put over $100 a week worth of Diesel in their truck, would pay itself off in a few months.

The problem for me is my bad back, wouldnt be able to go to fast food places and resteraunts and load up 30 gallons of veggie oil in and out of my truck.

Definitely a nice set-up, I was impressed when I watched the show.

If all else fails, could prob make some good moonshine from that thing!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:34 PM

That was a great show! I liked the truck he used the fuel in(DC of course!2'nd gen) The part where he drives by the gas station and gives them a smart-a-s wave was great. Also liked the way he smoked those tires, and mentioned the smell of fries!LOL- it was great!!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
There are a variety of predone bio refiners for sale out there. I think the folks that build their own equipment (used water heater tank and what not) come out with heavier duty stuff for less money, if a person has the time and knows how.

For me, I don't have the free time, or the required space. Also, I'd be a bit reluctant to put something I brewed myself through the high $$$ Cummins, at least without having someone experienced in such stuff coaching me the first few batches...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:55 AM

The problem with the FuelMeister system is that there isn't a heating element in it. Heat is a major component (as I understand it) in getting rid of water ... especially in an area with a low average temperature and high humidity like here in Seattle. I also worry about the quality of the fuel ... I wonder if there's a place that you could send a sample of your fuel into for analysis. Anybody have any experience? I'm moving to a new house with a garage (WOO!) this fall and can't wait to finally start making bio.

walt_mink