3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Very Proud 3rd gen DODGE owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Proud 3rd gen DODGE owner

I have been reading and posting here for a month or so. The forum has been great - lots of helpful information about the Cummins and diesel information. But there is one thing that I personally would like to say - I not only love the Cummins (owned 5) I love DODGE trucks (owned 9). They have been workhorses - I have run the absolute guts out of them - beat on them with no remorse and everyone I have ever had keeps comming back for more. - never any major problems. So it kind of tears at me when I see posters loving the Cummins but bashing the truck.

I know-I know this is a diesel forum but the truck is one tough SOB. I have the proof. I was hooked in 74 as a 3 year old when my dad bought a 1974 Power Wagon -3/4 ton, 318 4 speed. Paid a whooping $3,850 brand new compare that to my 03 3/4 CTD 48re $38,320. I learned to drive when I was 10 on the farm in that 74. Dad bought an 83 then an 85. My first truck was an 86 then a 88-traded around for a 89 then a 90 (the 90 officially hauled 453 loads of firewood while I paid my way throught college) and finally in 1996 I bought my first Cummins a 91-5 speed. I also had a 91 727 and finally in 03 I bought 2 new ones. I also bought an 89 last summer for the farm but just sold it to a guy that logs with me. I have to say I love the Cummins ( 4 in equipment I run) but I also love the truck. Tough, strong reliable, beat-onable, never complains Dodge trucks - My family also aggrees -Wife 02 Durango
Dad 02 cummins, 88 ramcharger
Brother 03 Cummins
Father in law 03 Cummins
Brother in law 97 gasser ( soon to be cummins)
4 uncles 00, gasser, 01 gasser, 02 cummins, 03 gasser
Sister 02 Dakota
Are there many others on here that are just as proud of the truck as they are the Cummins?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mopar or no car, baby!!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Mopar or no car, baby!!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 AM

Thumbs up

I love my dodge trucks too, my dad also turned me to the dodge family, my trucks-see sig-, his trucks '90 4x4 CTD, '02 QC 4x4 CTD. Brother's truck '00 QC,SB,4x4. Wife's '99 Intrepid (wants to be new MEGA CAB CTD). Mopar forever!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aw, come on and tell us how you really feel.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
Aw, come on and tell us how you really feel.
It was all heart man - all heart...
Old 03-29-2006, 01:48 PM

I can remember when i was trading in my 2000 powerstroke for a 2002 dodge cummins....Alot of my friends and especially my brother in law (who now owns 3) kept telling me that it was going to fall apart on me....Well it didnt fall apart and it ended up being alot more reliable than any of the 3 powerstrokes ive owned....115,000 miles without so much as replacing a fuse!!! I just laugh when people act like the doors are gonna fall off driving down the road one day!!!

Old 03-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Ya know, this is all good reading and stuff, but man, do I wanna puke now........... ...........

This will be the ONE AND ONLY piece of crap "Dodge" I'll ever own in my life.

I will speak about the CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL with high regards to anyone that will listen, but I not say a darn good thing about this turd you have to buy to get one.

Compared to Chevy and Ford, the Dodge Ram is a flat out pukified piece of dog excrement.

When I get my monies worth out of this sorry investment, I'll will never ever set foot on another Dodge Dealership again.

Hate to rain on the parade here, but I know there are also millions of other people out there that have bought a Dodge Ram and regretted it soon after. Just drive by your local Chevy and Ford Dealerships and look at the many many many low mileage Dodge Rams they have sitting in thier used car lot.

Soon I'll be one of those millions of other truck owners that will be embarrassed to admit "Yeah, I owned a Dodge Ram once - - - ONCE WAS ALL I COULD STAND".

OK, I ranted - - Back to your sad thread.........................
Old 03-29-2006, 07:42 PM

Sell it then, there Brisco. What was the point? Would you build a million dollar house in the middle of the ghetto? I think not. Quit trying to start crap.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

I can't resist....."throught college".....should have hauled one or two extra cords of wood for that makeup English course.

Just funnin' ya. Sure wish this site had a spell checker!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan Marino
It was all heart man - all heart...
Well I do know how you feel. I posted a similar sintement a while back on another forum. I have not owned Dodge truck until my 2003 QC Hemi. The marketing got me, I had '69 and '72 HEMI powered vehicles, those were real HEMIs. But I liked everything about the truck except the power, so I traded UP.

For the last six months or so I make 400 mile weekend trips about 3 times a month. I just had to say that with the Cummins, the truck looks good, runs fast as I want when I want, takes it without a flinch when I beat on it and justs seems to love the open highway. It just drives itself. I can really say there is not another truck I would rather have.

Gotta get my tissue now.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:06 PM

I bought this truck because of the 6.0 gasser piston slap in the Yukon XL, GM was not getting another dime, and the 6.0 powerstroke was absolutely out. But I have to say, so far at 27,000 miles the truck has been great. The engine too.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:19 PM

Talking

Heck I'm on my second Cummins and I wouldn't own another brand truck all I know is that my 97 12 valve would drag the doors of a Ford or Chevy the 05 I paid to much to do stuff like that.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:38 PM

I'm guessin Brisco to be a democrat
Old 03-30-2006, 04:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brisco
Ya know, this is all good reading and stuff, but man, do I wanna puke now........... ...........

This will be the ONE AND ONLY piece of crap "Dodge" I'll ever own in my life.

I will speak about the CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL with high regards to anyone that will listen, but I not say a darn good thing about this turd you have to buy to get one.

Compared to Chevy and Ford, the Dodge Ram is a flat out pukified piece of dog excrement.

When I get my monies worth out of this sorry investment, I'll will never ever set foot on another Dodge Dealership again.

Hate to rain on the parade here, but I know there are also millions of other people out there that have bought a Dodge Ram and regretted it soon after. Just drive by your local Chevy and Ford Dealerships and look at the many many many low mileage Dodge Rams they have sitting in thier used car lot.

Soon I'll be one of those millions of other truck owners that will be embarrassed to admit "Yeah, I owned a Dodge Ram once - - - ONCE WAS ALL I COULD STAND".

OK, I ranted - - Back to your sad thread.........................

Brisco you said in another thread that you had put 170,000 miles on that truck and it HAD NEVER BEEN BACK TO THE DEALER. That is quite an accomplishment for any make of vehicle. I dare you to go buy a Ferd or a Chebby and make the same claim 170,000 miles from now with it. (if you can even get that many miles out of it)

This is my first Dodge and the fit and finish and body etc. is every bit as good as my previous 2 chebbies and 1 ferd. And the engine....well who can argue about that anyway. Cummins is the best. Period.

BTW...I drive by Dealerships all the time.....and I don't see that many Dodge Cummins trucks out there. You see lots of Ferd 6.0 ut ohs though.

Quick Reply: Very Proud 3rd gen DODGE owner