3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

UConnect and a Blue Tooth Phone - Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UConnect and a Blue Tooth Phone - Questions?

I have the factory UConnect option in my truck. I am getting ready to get a new cell phone and wanted to know how well the UConnect system works?

I know I need a Blue Tooth phone but are there any other things I need or need to look out for? Any particular phone that works well with this set up?

I've heard that when you get the phone and try to enable the connection there have been many errors and the phone company and dealer blame each other for which is not working (UConnect or Blue Tooth communication)??????? My cell provider is Verizon if that makes any difference.

Mucho Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:50 PM

I have verizon also and have used a motorolla, LG and samsung phone on it and all 3 have worked great. I absolutely love this u-connect, it is really handy. Just make sure you get a bluetooth capable phone and it will work fine. Setting it up is a piece of cake.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:52 PM

I use a Blackberry with BT and have no problems at all. Uconnect works great everytime and hands-free talking is really nice.

I did not do anything special to make it work. Bluetooth comes with the Blackberry and worked the first time I tried. Just follow the directions in your RAM owner's manual.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:18 AM

I haven't heard of this U-Connect. But I have a Razor w/ the Blue Tooth and it's nice. I have a case for my phone cliped on my visor and I put it in the case and talk away. I like the option that it actualy answers the phone after a delayed period of time.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:59 AM

Smile

I also have Verizon and use the Motorola 710 which has bluetooth. The Uconnect feature is great. It took no time at all to get it set up. I believe you will really like it.

Ron
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 PM

Thanks guys. I'll be ordering a new phone this week with Bluetooth. Can't wait to use it!!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:12 PM

Once you use it for a while you will not know how you got along with out it. Works great with 6 speed enjoy.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM

i may have to look into the add on u connect system, sounds really nice its kind of a hastle to talk on the phone shift gears and merge onto i35 in san antonio traffic
Old 01-11-2006, 08:31 PM

I installed the U-Connect kit as my truck did not come with it from the factory, and I love it. I have a Razor phone with Rogers, couldn't be happier. Super easy to set up and use, pairing the phone was a piece of cake.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:58 PM

My ignorance, but what is a Razor phone and what is Rogers?

Thanks!!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:34 PM

Where did you get the U-Conect kit? I need one in the worst way. Seems my phone never rings until I am leaving a red light.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:26 AM

Whats a Uconnect??? Aint never heard of it. I figure its for the stock GPS system.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sevir
Whats a Uconnect??? Aint never heard of it. I figure its for the stock GPS system.
No, it is not related to the GPS system.

UConnect is a option on the trucks (or it can be installed) that will make your truck a phone so to speak. You must have a bluetooth enabled phone. It works like this: if someone calls, then the radio mutes, the phone rings over your stereo speakers, you press one button on the dash or on the rearview to answer it (or you can set it to answer automatically), and you talk over a built in mic and hear the other party over your stereo speakers.

It is a factory option, but it can also be purchased as a kit from your dealer.

A Razor Phone is one of those ultra slim Motorola flip phones. Rogers (i think) is a cellular provider.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know what all is involved in the installation of one? I have a bluetooth pda phone that I'd love to use with it.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:38 PM

Is there an aftermarket co making these u-connects? Will the stock one work with an aftermarket radio?

Thanks

Quick Reply: UConnect and a Blue Tooth Phone - Questions?