3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Two things i hate about my 06 CDT

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will have to try that thanks bluebull.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluebull
My doom lights would only stay on for approx. 20-30 seconds, after disconnecting batteries for 10 minutes they now stay on for a long time.
Doom lights, I love it!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:35 AM

I am with Brock, no problem with the lights, I have huge mirrors so I don't need to see out my back window and I love my cup holders (is there such thing as perfection in this department). . . The real issue about these pickups is the comfort of the cloth seats, 30,000 miles on my pickup and I am way to young to have a back ache!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

My one and ONLY beef with my truck is the rear defroster...I don't really think that it does anything...works ok on the mirrors, but my back glass was still nice and foggy half way to work this morning...perhaps I need to take myself a trip to the dealers...

Derek
Old 12-18-2006, 12:40 PM

my biggest beef with my 06 is the fake wood crap especially with the grey interior. Cant find a molded piece to go over them so I am going to have to take em out and paint them.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
what is the PURPOSE of stupid cubby holes on the dash of stripped trucks?

i got no options ( makes for 3 cubby holes) and the cheap radio (slot under radio) for a total of 4 cubby holes

and they are WORTHLESS. to small for business card, too narrow for wifes phone, to shallow for mine. phone falls out if you punch it.

bottom cubby is too deep, and at an angle you can't see down in it.

sunglasses won't fit. NOTHING.

i finally put some foam in the back of the bottom deep slot, to keep the cell phone up where I could see it. works halfway.

there is another thread about how the center console won't close with the Genos smoothie thing. last thing i need in a $40k truck is another thing that don't fit and isn't well thought out.

liked the 04 cup holders, fold down from dash. the MEGA's have to have the center console for the AC ductwork underneath.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:35 PM

04cdt

I have those too.i figured out what they are.This is how i see it.the dash is universal among Dodge trucks.The hole below the radio is where the Sireus
radio goes.The small hole to the left is where the switch to turn off the front airbag was.The small hole on the left is where a 4wd switch is on some models.What do you think ?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by nitis
my biggest beef with my 06 is the fake wood crap especially with the grey interior. Cant find a molded piece to go over them so I am going to have to take em out and paint them.
the srt models have a carbon fibre look , your dealer can order them in 4 ya.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by SRTchris
the srt models have a carbon fibre look , your dealer can order them in 4 ya.
Not gonna help me with the huge console in my Mega. Looks like a full sheet of fake plywood!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Longhorn06
Not gonna help me with the huge console in my Mega. Looks like a full sheet of fake plywood!
My Sport has the carbon fiber look as well...pretty sure that the only difference interior wise between my truck and yours would be the extra room you have behind the back seat...

Derek
Old 12-18-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by lehall
I have those too.i figured out what they are.This is how i see it.the dash is universal among Dodge trucks.The hole below the radio is where the Sireus
radio goes.The small hole to the left is where the switch to turn off the front airbag was.The small hole on the left is where a 4wd switch is on some models.What do you think ?
there is no hole with the double DIN nav

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...0/IMG_0966.JPG

and heated seats and power slider go in the bottom angled hole.

i reckon the dash in only so deep for those switches, so the cubby can only be so deep.

but, it still took me 5 minutes to find my phone in the bottom cubby tonite, because i NEVER put it in there, and thought about this thread, and it falling out, so put it in there, with antenna pointing out...and it fell in....
Old 12-18-2006, 08:22 PM

Talking

------You guys are killing me with this!!!! !!! Don't worry------ be happy!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM

I know this thread is great! The Ford guys would love to have the luxury to complain about cup holders, cubbyholes, and hooks for their shirts!

The cubbyholes are where you put gauges, or other du-dad switches; those hooks are just an excuse to put a screw in to hold the headliner, the cup holders are for catching screws that you take out of the dash while you are installing gauges or other goodies.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:51 PM

Yea--we have problem's that can be fixed with a power drill!! Ford guys have to have the cab removed to have there filter replaced!!!! LOL!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostjunkie1
Yea--we have problem's that can be fixed with a power drill!! Ford guys have to have the cab removed to have there filter replaced!!!! LOL!!!!
boostjunkie1, can you help me fix my rear defroster with your almighty powerdrill...I beg of thee LOL I LOVE my truck and am just being a smart ***...but really though, I would LOVE to be able to see out the back glass when it's frosty out

Derek

Quick Reply: Two things i hate about my 06 CDT