3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Trip Report/Brand new '03

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip Report/Brand new '03

Well the Salmon have a brief reprieve until i return in 2 weeks.Now to truck bitness Took the new 4x4 crew cab,S.O.48 on the first trip.I am absolutely satisfied with this truck,so far.Not a squeak or rattle in the cab,i rate the ride quality a 9.The 4x4 performed flawlessly,i really like the instant lock up with the manual t-case.Mileage averaged right at 17.7 according to my manual calcs,based on 65 mph @1850 rpms.A few differences from my
Ford,passenger side door has no exterior key lock,windshield angle sure heats up your lap quick,i think The Dodge seat width is definitely narrower,as is leg room,but plenty for me.The Dodge headlights are less than awe inspiring,but the fog lights seemed top notch.Aquired a small dent on the side bed reaching in for a fishing pole,but the Ford was about the same,both seem to have the thinnest wall that they can get by with.The brakes are heads and shoulders above the Ford.Defroster,fan,etc seems about a wash.The hidey hole under the center work station is perfect for valuables.The turning radius versus the Ford is no contest,the Dodge dominates this one,my new longbed crew turns tighter than the Ford shorty crew,MUCH tighter.The Radio is a bit weaker than the Ford,but still plenty good for me.Thats about all that comes to mind.any questions or comments welcome. ;D
Old 10-14-2003, 07:59 PM

Re:Trip Report/Brand new '03

Congrats! You think you love it now? It only gets better! ;D
Old 10-14-2003, 10:58 PM

Thats what im hopin'
Old 10-14-2003, 11:30 PM

"" Fencebuilders"

I get your findings, but you ought to correct a couple of things: Crew Cab is a phord, Quad Cab is Dodge, & maybe your signature should be updated.

But I'm really glad you & the rest of us really enjoy the new ride,

Old 10-15-2003, 08:46 AM

Welcome!

Glad to hear you like your new rig. ;D The more you drive it the more you will love it.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Muted User

Glad you like your new truck. Have had mine about 100 days and loved every minute I've been in it.

I did a little soul-searching in choosing between Ford and Dodge, but now have absolutely no doubt I made the right choice.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:58 PM

I did aesearch before I bought my Dodge. I looked at the Fords and did not consider the Chevy or GMC because of price. The Ford does have a little more room in the cab, I guess you might need that extra comfyness while you are waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck. The Ford seems to be having a lot of trouble with their 6.0 litre engine, and the AC is worthless. So far I love my Dodge!