3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Which Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I am another vote for the BFG 285's. I think they are a GREAT all around tire with great traction and long wear. These look almost brand new with about 13,000 miles on them.

I see you power coated the wheel black and left the center cap chrome, you have any full body pics, I too am looking to do that setup and put a 2" leveling kit with 315s, any input?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Viking!!! What planet have you been on! Have you not seen a pic of my truck in one of the two threads we had going on the powdercoated wheels? One was started by you! You know the one where "06cummins" photoshopped the pics, but didn't get to finish one of your pics. And I had another thread about "before and after...1 year ago".

Here is one, with more in my photo gallery. My input is go for it, if you like the way mine looks. The 315s are fine also if you have a leveling kit. Personally, I think they are just a little to big and rob power so I compromised and decided on 285s.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Knuckle Head
Thanks for all the input and the pics, this weekend my neighbor who has a Power Wagon (yea I'm envious) but don't want his fuel bill.... he averages 9-10 he says, any-how we are going to pull off one of his wheels and put it on my truck to see how it looks... ok so that's the plan for now...

Still not sure which tires, but i am now leaning toward the BFG's

Knuckle Head,

The 285 BFGs are what comes on the Powerwagon.....like in the pic I posted a couple of posts up. My truck has 285s and the Powerwagon flares identical to the Powerwagon.....but my truck has the CUMMINS. No Hemi!

I do think the Powerwagons look nice!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:04 AM

yea, but yu can get away with that look. I dont have the ranch hand bumpers, all black, heavy dudy side steps, your truck is more MEAN and aggressive looking in a different way while the look im trying to go for is like this:

so im not sure how good powder coating my wheels would look.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
285s (BFG AT KO) work great for me on the beach. Very little drop in mpg with greatly improved offroad performance.

Even the wild horses think they look good!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Viking,

Those are all very nice looking trucks. I agree they have a different look than mine with the lift, bigger tires, and aftermarket rims. I don't know really what you are trying to ask.

As a suggestion, you might be a candidate for H2 wheels and get them powdercoated black like CQuestad.

Look at his gallery here......

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...0&ppuser=25535

I pull a 5th wheel so a lifted truck was out for me. And, personally im not a fan of wheels sticking out from the fenders of the truck and almost all of the aftermarket wheels do that due to different backspacing. I like the OEM wheels, I just wanted to do something different with them so I got them powdercoated black.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=TexasCTD]Knuckle Head,

The 285 BFGs are what comes on the Powerwagon.....like in the pic I posted a couple of posts up. My truck has 285s and the Powerwagon flares identical to the Powerwagon.....but my truck has the CUMMINS. No Hemi!

Yes I do know that, but i want to see what they look like on my truck,
I am curious if the tires look that much bigger?? I may end up keeping the stock ones for a while, I just found out I am getting stationed in Barstow Ca.
And I am leaving sooner than planned, "July" so i might run the stock ones to burn up as much tread as possible before I switch out. It's alway's something