3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Ticking from top of doors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticking from top of doors?

Alrighty. Well had that door seal change back in january. Thinkk it might be the reason to my delima

Driving down the road, , I get a clicking noise from the upper Corner ( top windshield) area of the driver door. Sounds like when you have those windvisors on your door and the ycome loose.... but i dont ahve those on this truckk. Never did this before the TSB. and couldnt figure out why the passenger side didnt do it. Lookin at them today. I noticed the darn service department didnt change the passenger seal.

Doesnt happen at lower speeds just 50s and above and is worse if you ahve cross winds comming from other side of the truck. IE a north wing when im heading east

So has anyone else experienced this " wind" caused noise?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:58 AM

I too have noticed that little tick on my passenger window. havent had a chance to check it out in detail yet tho.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:25 PM

I developed a tick a few weeks ago that sounds like this... I never got a chance to check it out yet, but the way you describe it makes me think I have the same thing.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:00 PM

Ok I had a ticking sound that took me some time to figure out. The sound seemed to materialize from several areas at the top of the door. It turned out to be the seat belt upper adjuster. If you look you will see the adjuster has a plastic strip that moved up and down with it so as to cover the void behild it. That plastic was rubbing and making the noise. A bit of felt padding carefully placed on the inside of the panel where the plastic piece makes contact took care of the problem. An easy way to see if this is the problem is to hold the plastic piece when it is making noise (in my case going over bumps) if the noise stops you know what to fix. Dan