3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Suspension Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red1ton
John H do you have any recall numbers or TSB numbers on that recall...? I didn't get any recall notice about it. Thanks
Notification code was E10.

John
Old 10-27-2005, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ASHNBAK
ASHNBAK, were you pulling anything on your trip to Oregon?
John
Yeah, look in the gallery and you can see the trailer.
If anything, you're pulling more than I am. Except for the fact your TT will take weight off the front, unless you have some real heavy WD bars, I feel a bit better. What was your tongue weight? Did you have the WD bars pulled up tight?

John
Old 10-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by John H
If anything, you're pulling more than I am. Except for the fact your TT will take weight off the front, unless you have some real heavy WD bars, I feel a bit better. What was your tongue weight? Did you have the WD bars pulled up tight?

John
With the trailer attached and full fuel with the bars on I'm at 4,160 lb. on the front, which is plus 160 lb.. The rear axle weight increases approximately 1,060 lb.. I pull the bars tight, as the truck raises up about 3 inches. Some of the tongue weight goes to the trailer but I don't know how much, but if you add the 1,060 + 160 your at 1,220 lb.. I would assume 200 - 300 pounds on the trailer axle, so my tongue weight is around 1,500 lb., although I've never checked it on a scale. Hitch in gallery.

P.S. The trailer axles were at 11,380 pounds.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 PM

If you got an offical recall notice from DC they are required to address it. If your local dealer claims that they can't handle it then DC has to make arrangements.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Bolitho
If you got an offical recall notice from DC they are required to address it. If your local dealer claims that they can't handle it then DC has to make arrangements.
There's actually more to this than I was telling. DC will send me to the local 5 star dealer, but I don't want to go there because of an attitude problem with one of their service writers. I tried to find another local dealer to do the job, but they are all smaller outfits and said they couldn't handle it. I did eventually find another large dealer about 1-1/2 hours away.
Since they said it would take more than one day, I booked it in for a Friday so if it ran over, they could finish it on Saturday. I delivered it Thursday night so they could get an early start. I phoned back at 3.00pm on Friday to check on the progress. I was told they hadn't started it because they had lost one of the tools they needed. I was told they were still looking. Saturday morning I called at 9.30am. They said they still hadn't started, but then the service writer let slip that even if they had started it on Friday, they wouldn't have finished it on Saturday anyway, since they always reserve Saturdays for oil changes and tire rotations.
I went and picked the truck up, and thanked them for their time. The service writer promised me they would buy a new tool to do the job, and let me know when it came in. I told them "don't go and buy one just for me, because I won't have time to do it now until Spring."

They called me on the Monday and said "you can bring it in now!"

Still looking. What else can you do?

John
Old 10-28-2005, 07:38 AM

Well I would NOT let a thing with a S.A. stop me from using a certain shop.Are there NOT others whom work there? Most SKILLED techs will not and do not work on Saturday.Its NOT a money day for anyone but sales.Its a loser day.What TOOL to do front springs???
Old 11-11-2005, 02:39 PM

I dropped mine off this am and it is done now. At least they say it is, going to pick it up in a few. Hope its fixed, it was so low it looked broken. LOL