3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Super Ram stripes on..

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Super Ram stripes on..

Well, I put the stripes on last weekend and they look great. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten already. I don't know if I'd recommend putting them on yourself because it's a real pain if you haven't done it before. I messed the first on up by trying to install it dry and ended up having to buy a new one. I just wasn't going to pay someone more than the stripes cost, just to install them. And for only $55.00 shipped price, if I couldn't do it, I'd just tear them off and forget about it. I had many small air bubbles which I couldn't get rid of until we got a nice warm day and I'm still trying to get rid of some tiny ones but you can't even see them unless you get right up to them very closely.

My wife just doesn't understand why I have to keep spending money on the truck! Especially for stripes! She'll get over it. I try to explain to her that I can either work on the truck or I can find me a nice 68 or 69 big block Dart or a GTX and start working on that instead.. I'd say that in the long run I'll spend much less on the truck.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:07 AM

A close-up.. I'm going to try to get a better picture today without all the shadows on the truck..
Old 04-10-2004, 06:27 AM

WHY IS THERE NO SMILIE FOR DROOLING!!!!!!

Inquiring minds want to know, where did you get them?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That really looks sharp. Good job.

Ed
Old 04-10-2004, 07:26 AM

Thanks. The pictures are a little dark since the sun was going down last evening when I took them. I got the stripes on E-bay from westsidevinylgraphics.com. Just do a lookup for super ram or super bee and it will pull him up. He can customize them too. I had him put the Cummins logo in but now someone else here had a great idea of taking the Cummins logo and adding the spinning wheels below it like the Super Bee has. I wish I could change mine...
Old 04-16-2004, 04:29 AM

Well, with the way the truck was parked when I installed the stripes they were straight up and down. But now when I look at it, it seems that they are a little crooked! It looks like both of the bottoms are just a little closer to the front of the truck than the tops! Man, I followed the directions and measured from the taillights but they aren't exactly straight. I'm gonna find a nice level spot and take a picture and see. Of course, nobody seems to notice but me! I'm just too darn picky!! Maybe I need to jack the back of the truck up with some air shocks!!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:56 AM

Location: Dead Center in the Middle of TN. 20 miles from Jack Daniels, 10 miles from George Dickle and .8 mi from the liquor store at I-24 Exit 114
Don't worry it's on the side and it goes by so fast that they won't even notice. Now if it was on the rear gate they might have a second or two to see it before it's gone.

>>>>>>>>>> Super Ram>
Old 04-16-2004, 10:54 AM

I would not change it. It looks like it is lined up well with the back of the truck. The back of the truck is probably not quite vertical. It looks correct the way it is!
Old 04-16-2004, 11:16 AM

Thanks guys. I wish I wasn't so picky.........I'm not going to take them off after what I went through putting them on....