3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Stull?Luverne running boards?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stull?Luverne running boards?

Ok guys/girls<br><br>Anyone got any of the two above running boards?<br><br>I have decided, with my knees etc. I need a running board to get in/out.<br><br>Will be ordering one of the above next week, so any ideas or info appreciated!<br><br>Think I am going with the &quot;Stull Original&quot;<br><br>TIA in advance gang!<br><br>Hunter
Old 12-08-2002, 07:42 AM

Re:Stull?Luverne running boards?

Look interesting. <br><br>Why boards over tubbies? <br><br>I like the look of tubbies, had boards on one other truck and they were too narrow to really use easily.<br><br>I like the MAAP Challenger Tubbies, they are 50% wider, so I guess should be more useful???? <br><br>Here is a pic of MAAPS. I like the leg in this pic also- not mine:<br>http://www.maapautomotive.com/ChallengerTubeSteps.html<br><br>Whatcha think?
Old 12-08-2002, 08:47 AM

http://www.lonestartruckequipment.com/about.html and check out there running boards.Click on Express Products Inc on left side of page&gt;Wheel Well &amp; Body&gt;Running boards<br>I am getting me a set of them.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:23 PM

Mr Billy<br><br>Well, those look ok, leg is real fine, but the Stull boards are like 6 1/2&quot; wide, and with a board there is no way you can slip off and thru. How much are those MAAPs?<br><br>lschultz<br><br>Can't really see them in the picture too well. But I want stainless and those Lone Star ones are spendy!<br><br>Hunter
Old 12-08-2002, 03:34 PM

I think they are around $370<br><br>Bill
Old 12-12-2002, 06:30 AM

I just wish running boards were made like those I used to stand on when I was a kid - Buick and Overland. OOoops, now I did it, I'm telling on my age. Anyway, they also had front fenders to ride on too - great fun then, would be scared to do it now. <br><br>Oh well, I may just have my local metal fabricator make me a pair that really stick out and are utilitarian - but not out farther than my dually? :<br><br>Anyone tried this?
Old 12-12-2002, 05:38 PM

Hello Hunter,<br>I have the Luverne SS tubes. Really like them. I did want the SS steps, they are sportier than the running boards and looked like they would offer better protection than the tubes. Only problem I had was I screwed up and bought the factory mud flaps. The durned steps would not mount properly without removing them, so I got the tube steps. Still question that decision :. <br>The difference between the steps and the running board is the 'UGLY' flap of metal at the front of the boards. I just didn't want it to look like dads truck . I aint old yet... .<br>Duane W.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:49 PM

Went witht the Stull running boards yesterday, as need the surface to step on due to bad knees etc. Put the Mopar molded splash guard in front of it and worked just fine<br><br>Stull boards look pretty good on her, stainless steel<br><br>Hunter