3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Still wating for my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Still wating for my new truck

My truck supposedly shipped on 2/24. The original delivery was 3/21, then 4/4, now the dealer just told me 4/11. He says the status is KZ and his computer says it is "on vessel". I also asked him about the delivery hold on the G-56 that I keep reading on TDR and he knows nothing about it. I knew I was going to have to wait for my truck to be delivered, but what annoys me is that everytime I call the delivery date gets pushed back. You'd think that they be able to predict the delivery date a little better. And if the truck is truly on the boat at this point then I doubt it will arrive for the current estimate. My garage is filling up with parts, if only I had a truck to put them on

Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:06 PM

There are alot of us waiting to see what happens with delivery of the trucks with the G-56. My dealer also says its not a issue and my truck will be ready for pickup in two weeks. Only time will tell.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:07 PM

Ordered mine Jan. 27th and got it seven weeks later. Truck runs great and G56 shifts smooth. No fluid leakage like some have mentioned on TDR. From what I can tell so far is that this new tranny is going to work out well. It even has a drain plug so you don't have to remove the pto plate anymore. I am completely satisfied with my truck. The 05's have alot of new improvements for the 3rd gens.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:29 PM

im still waiting for mine too, it was supposed to ship on 2/25 but it still hasnt shipped, nobody knows why either. the dealer said the six speed isnt the issue with the delay its a lack of rail cars?? who knows only time will tell i guess
Old 04-01-2005, 12:01 AM

Still waiting for mine as well. It was built on 2/18 and has been "in transit" since 2/23. First I was told it would be here 3/18, then 3/28, today the dealer says it's going to be a couple more weeks. I asked about the hold on the manual trans. trucks and all he could say was that mine was built so I'll get it. He kept saying that ones that are on order but hadn't been built may be in jeopardy, but because mine was already built, it'll eventually get here. This coming from the same guy that promised I'd have it by April 1st when I ordered it on February 1st!!

Abryant, if yours is supposed to be on the ship, then I'm guessing mine is on the same one. I'm going to call DC customer service today to get an update. I don't hold much hope in it though because last week all they could tell me (just like the previous 3 weeks) is that it's in transit. Now with the hold, I'm hoping I get my truck by the end of April.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:37 PM

I know the pain. The dealer ordered mine on February 14th and said delivery would take 10 to 12 weeks so even at best I've got another month to wait. Nothing for it for now but to just continue to torment myself by blackening-in each day on the calendar. On the good-news side, I did have my sales manager look into the G-56 "hold" issue and after investigating with DC he informed me that there was no hold on my truck and that it was sitting in a parking area in Mexico waiting for a train.

Dave
Old 04-04-2005, 09:53 AM

Has anybody heard anything new on the G56 hold? Just wondering, as it's been a week and a half since the hold was announced. Any new information? My dealer still doesn't seem to know anything about it. He still says I'll get my truck in a couple of weeks but no firm delivery day or week for that matter.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by Buickwagon
Has anybody heard anything new on the G56 hold? Just wondering, as it's been a week and a half since the hold was announced. Any new information? My dealer still doesn't seem to know anything about it. He still says I'll get my truck in a couple of weeks but no firm delivery day or week for that matter.
My dealer knows nothing about it either. Over on TDR they are saying 4500 trucks are affected, although about 500 were already delivered and have been sold. No one seems to know anything, but the rumors seem to think that it is a problem with the Dual Mass Flywheel. My current delivery estimate is 4/11. I think I will consider myself luck if I have it by june
Old 04-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Banned

Just bought my New 05 NV5600 truck last friday. There was a G56 truck sitting on the lot they were trying to sell me. After my insistence that I did not want the G56 and signing the papers for the NV5600 truck I asked what the problems were with the G56. The dealer told me something about the transmission being built out of a solid chunk of aluminum and when the transmission would heat up the aluminum would swell up and cause bearing failure on the tail shaft area. They have a fix for it, it is just going to take time to correct all the ones already produced.