3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Stereo Buffs? In dash NAvigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
jrussel... Or any one else for that matter..

I noticed in your pic's of the dvd... You also have tv??? How is that possible???

Shane
Hey Shane,

They sell optional TV tuners for cars/trucks. In one of my pics you can see the funky 4-channel diversity antenna system in the back window.

The reception in town while parked is really, really good. While driving it's not perfect, but almost always good enough to watch/use. I never watch video or TV while driving, but it's really nice to be able to flip on the game and then put the map screen over top of it so I can still listen to it while driving.

Regards,

Justin
Old 04-09-2007, 12:34 AM

I am thinking about putting a nav in my truck at some point,,, but I am kinda waffleing between the pioneer avic z2 and the avic d3. Does anyone have these,, and what do you think of them

Kevin
Old 04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
I am thinking about putting a nav in my truck at some point,,, but I am kinda waffleing between the pioneer avic z2 and the avic d3. Does anyone have these,, and what do you think of them

Kevin
I think the Z1/2 are much more advanced than the D3. The D3 uses a DVD-based nav system and the Z1/2 use a hard drive based system. With the hard drive there is no inserting, removing, or keeping of nav DVD's needed. The HD will also allow you to store 10gigs of music and use all the other features while still using the nav system. The Z1/2 also have a 7" screen instead of a 6.1" screen.

Go with the Z2 and you'll love it!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin

Are you thinking about doing the in-dash system or the pull out screen kind...?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

Both of the units he mentioned are in-dash.

Kevin, I'm not sure what the price difference is between a new Z2 and a new (leftover) Z1. The Z1 might be similar in price to the D3 now and IMO it's a much better unit.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 AM

Well not like I looked too much into or anything but since you all seem to know quite a bit, is it possible to have a nav. and also play dvd movies, and TV also? Obviously im not talking at the same time but was just curious if you could be using nav to get where your going and then when you get their pop in a dvd and watch a movie??
Old 04-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vinceg99
Well not like I looked too much into or anything but since you all seem to know quite a bit, is it possible to have a nav. and also play dvd movies, and TV also? Obviously im not talking at the same time but was just curious if you could be using nav to get where your going and then when you get their pop in a dvd and watch a movie??
Absolutely (assuming the unit has DVD playback capability).

The hard drive units also allow you to go a step further and watch/listen to DVD, TV, radio, CD, etc all while using the nav features at the same time.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:41 PM

So would you say in your opinion that the z2 is a bunch better than the z1?

thanks

Kevin
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

So would you say in your opinion that the z2 is a bunch better than the z1?

thanks

Kevin
I honestly can't say because I have no personal experience with the Z2. I watched this video review and it sounds pretty nice, but not hugely improved. I think the biggest difference is the Z2 has a few more POI's (Points of Interest) in it's database and it's probably a little more current.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:40 PM

i went down to the local stereo shop today, and they were telling me that the kenwood unit is the bomb,, anyone using that one?

Kevin
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 AM

i went down to the local stereo shop today, and they were telling me that the kenwood unit is the bomb,, anyone using that one?

Kevin
Yes...I have the navi all in one
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by silvermega
I bought my Nav Dash bezel at the dealer for 75 Bucks. I would also recomend the new Kenwoods 7019 and 8019. I have a 6019 which I am sorta dissapointed by but the new ones are amazing, I'm goin 8019 when it comes out in a few weeks. They use the Garmin Interface.
how do you take the bezel off? i have not been able to figure out how to take it off along with the inserts in the door
Old 04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
how do you take the bezel off? i have not been able to figure out how to take it off along with the inserts in the door
You start by removing the cup holders and work your way up to the dash piece. The wood grain is part of that whole piece with the A/C controls and I don't think it comes apart.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:04 AM

that is what i was afraid of!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im running the pioneer premier DEH-P590IB
$155 +$25 shipping = $180 to my door.

came with ipod cable and all that good stuff...
plus 2 year no bs warranty.

you can find them on ebay, i got mine from 'lets make a deal' in New York.
had it in my at my door 48 hours later.

Quick Reply: Stereo Buffs? In dash NAvigation