3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Stereo Buffs? In dash NAvigation

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vegashd
I am looking for a new IN DASH, Touch screen NAv unit. I believe the LAramie DOdge mega cab 2500s are dobule din.

I am looking at this one

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...264980,00.html

THey also have this one
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...585964,00.html

I am confused though. D2 seems as though it came out later then the D3. Did it? Which one is better and why? Any other you would recommend?
AVIC-Z1 !!!! It has everything built in. Look at the interactive stuff on Pioneers web site. Compare this to the D models. It is the TOP DOG!!!
You will have to change your dash to the Nav. Dash.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rock crawler
AVIC-Z1 !!!! It has everything built in. Look at the interactive stuff on Pioneers web site. Compare this to the D models. It is the TOP DOG!!!
You will have to change your dash to the Nav. Dash.
how much does the nav dash piece run?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ColdCase
All of them. But then again they may provide all the function you need. I would caution to just not get caught up in the "in dash" hype. I almost did a few months ago and am glad I did a little more research and reason took over. I hear that in a few months there may be models with much better capability without the limitations and for a better price compromise.

Sorry my PC crashed while composing and what was posted originally was a bit flippant, hope no one read it.
So you've used/owned every model of in-dash nav out there? There have been quite a few over the past 5 years.

Specifically what limitations and lack of function are you referring to? What makes an in-dash unit less capable?

Vegashd, the Laramie nav dash bezels are about $65-100 from the dealer (depending on color/finish). On Pioneer's website it says you need the additional Sirius tuner to get that service. Here's a list of options available for the Z1: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailsComponent. The Sirius tuner is listed about 4 places down. It's $100 retail but I'm sure you can get one for a lot less on Ebay.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:58 AM

I bought my Nav Dash bezel at the dealer for 75 Bucks. I would also recomend the new Kenwoods 7019 and 8019. I have a 6019 which I am sorta dissapointed by but the new ones are amazing, I'm goin 8019 when it comes out in a few weeks. They use the Garmin Interface.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Just a heads up about the factory Nav bezels,
They only come in woodgrain and the sport fuax carbon look in either slate gray or khaki trim base color.
If you have the satin silver accent interior the sport dash seems to be the best compromise.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikelr
Just a heads up about the factory Nav bezels,
They only come in woodgrain and the sport fuax carbon look in either slate gray or khaki trim base color.
If you have the satin silver accent interior the sport dash seems to be the best compromise.

good to know but I have a Larmie... so the wood trim is no big deal
Old 03-19-2007, 05:57 PM

good to know but I have a Larmie... so the wood trim is no big deal
I'll sell ya my extra one if you want it. Woodgrain Nav. Dash $50 plus shipping. Bought it and used it for about a week. Decided to get the Carbon look instead.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM

The one thing you want to look for in a Nav. unit is what all is included. A lot of the units out there are display only and you have to buy a seperate piece (CD-ROM player) to make the Nav. work. On some of the units, you have to have a Nav. CD in the player for the Nav. to work so you cannot listen to CDs at the same time. That is why I like the AVIC-Z1. The Nav. is built into the 30gig hard drive.

Check out avic411.com for info on the pioneer units.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

I'll sell ya my extra one if you want it. Woodgrain Nav. Dash $50 plus shipping. Bought it and used it for about a week. Decided to get the Carbon look instead.

is it chipped or look crummy? It is the same woodgrain as what is on my 07?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 PM

is it chipped or look crummy? It is the same woodgrain as what is on my 07?
It is off a 2006 dash. If they are the same it should work. It is in perfect condition and it is an original Dodge part.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

It is off a 2006 dash. If they are the same it should work. It is in perfect condition and it is an original Dodge part.
anyone can confirm they did not change the wood trim? I know car manufactures like to do that
Old 03-19-2007, 11:36 PM

Second vote for the new Kenwoods. The Garmin gps is the best and it is a hard drive unit, so no swapping or waiting on dvd. The new units will also play DIVX files. Kenwood rocks.

Later
Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is a discussion about a double DIN in the 06-07 models, which it fits into better, but I am wanting to put one in my 05...Just wondering if anyone has done this, or if you can point me in the right direction for some additional information.....
Old 04-08-2007, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kodiakcb
Second vote for the new Kenwoods. The Garmin gps is the best and it is a hard drive unit, so no swapping or waiting on dvd. The new units will also play DIVX files. Kenwood rocks.

Later
Just got one put in my truck and love it! The rep for the shop even decided to return all his Alpine stuff to get teh Kenwood!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Banned

jrussel... Or any one else for that matter..

I noticed in your pic's of the dvd... You also have tv??? How is that possible???

Shane

Quick Reply: Stereo Buffs? In dash NAvigation