3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Sprayed Bed Liners

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprayed Bed Liners

Anyone have a Ziebart sprayed bed liner? Good? Bad? They are my only option close to home or I could drive 60 miles to get a Line X, which I've heard good things about.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:56 PM

drive the 60 miles you wont be disappointed
Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 PM

I agree. Line-X is a proven product. I had Rhino done on my '03 hemi & it didn't hold up as well as the Line-X.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:01 PM

Line-X all thwe way
Old 12-04-2006, 02:19 PM

Drive the 60 miles... I've had 2 Rhino liners, one of they sprayed at Ziebart and the other at a Rhino Linings facility. I didn't like the Ziebart sprayed one and it chipped pretty easily. Never took it back for repairs. The Rhino's fade pretty quick. I've heard nothing but good about the Line-X and that's what I'm going to get for this truck...

Tony
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by TPilaske
Drive the 60 miles... I've had 2 Rhino liners, one of they sprayed at Ziebart and the other at a Rhino Linings facility. I didn't like the Ziebart sprayed one and it chipped pretty easily. Never took it back for repairs. The Rhino's fade pretty quick. I've heard nothing but good about the Line-X and that's what I'm going to get for this truck...

Tony
That was my experience also with Rhino. Within six months the Rhino was gray rather than the nice black. Of couse, I WAS living in the Florida Keys at the time where the sun is STRONG and averages 300+ sunny days a year.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:18 PM

Line-X, anything less is for children.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM

TPilaske, Are the Ziebart liners actually Rhino's product?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:52 PM

just drive the 60 miles you won't regert it once you have it done. my boss has a rhino lines in his ferd sick.0 and it is gray now and pealing off and tearing. it looks like ****!! i love my line x well worth the money i spent on it. slid a hollow metal door across it and hit the wheel well it didn't even cut into the liner.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
BR1

i know i'll get shot down on this. but i'm poor, so i bought a Herculiner kit at the local tractor supply, rolled it on, and i think it looks awesome. i've loaded it a few times with junk, thrown wood in, hit the wheel well with a piece of 3/4 plywood sliding it in, didn't even come off. only been on for 2 months now, so it'll probably fade. but, it cost me like $110, and probably 4 hours of work total between sanding, cleaning, and two coats. its nice and glossy now, and is pretty "sticky" i've seen some liners that are very coarse, they almost look like small stones in the adhesive stuff. the herculiner, is relatively smooth, it won't kill your knees when you are kneeling on it. Ziebart wanted $500 plus tax to do my long box.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:06 PM

My dad's got a Zeibart liner in his truck, and it chips all the time The place is more than willing to patch it up (and has done so on numerous occasions), but it gets to be a hassle having to spend the time.

When the time comes, I'll be getting a Line-X liner.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay... My friend found this extreme liner today.... There's a shop almost walking distance from here. Just for my rockers and bed he priced it $400 cheaper than the cheapest Line-X place within three hours of me.

I looked at two trucks that have had it for almost three years. It looks alot like Line-X. Still looked good...Lifetime warranty.... High-pressure like Line-X vs. the low pressure Rhino... I'm thinking about giving it a try. Anyone know anything good or bad about the xtreme liners? Opinions appreciated!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by JMalone
Okay... My friend found this extreme liner today.... There's a shop almost walking distance from here. Just for my rockers and bed he priced it $400 cheaper than the cheapest Line-X place within three hours of me.

I looked at two trucks that have had it for almost three years. It looks alot like Line-X. Still looked good...Lifetime warranty.... High-pressure like Line-X vs. the low pressure Rhino... I'm thinking about giving it a try. Anyone know anything good or bad about the xtreme liners? Opinions appreciated!
I had Extreme put on my truck. The application shop had previously used Line-X and said that it was the same. It's been on since late 03 and has held up great. Looks like Line-X to me.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 PM

my line-x cost $350 - for the short bed at a line-x dealer.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdxgrease
my line-x cost $350 - for the short bed at a line-x dealer.
I've called everywhere within a three hour drive and the cheapest I can get is $475 on the Line-X. That's why I'm trying to be optimistic about this xtreme liner... Never heard of it before yesterday, but hey, Columbus took a chance

Quick Reply: Sprayed Bed Liners