3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Soon to be new CTD owner!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be new CTD owner!

I know this topic was recently covered, but I guess I'm just trying to understand some of the ordering/building/delivery information...and find out where in the process mine is.

I just recently ordered a 2005 CTD 2500 on Feb. 1st through a local (upstate NY) dealer. Two days later, the salesman called to tell me that the order has been "accepted", a VIN was created and everything was a "go" so to speak. I just recently joined this board and through several searches, found some info on order status codes. But I can't find what I'm looking for. Can someone give me a link to any order status codes?

Does this mean that my truck is in status "D"? That's means it is being scheduled for build, right? What's next? What are the different milestones? Should I get the VIN from the dealer and then call DC customer service for a more accurate status? Or should the dealer be able to tell me what the status is? I'd just like to be able to get an idea of what's happening when and if I can expect the new truck next month sometime or am I looking at May/June.

Thanks for all of the great information on this site. It really convinced me to replace my current 97 2500 5.9L gas-equipped for a Cummins!

Paul
Old 02-15-2005, 12:56 AM

I'm interested in this too. I ordered my truck Feb 5. I don't have my VIN though, I been meaning to call the dealer to ckeck the status
Old 02-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buickwagon - most likely you do not have a VIN number yet. More likely than not you have a VON - vehicle order number. That is unless you originally had the VON and have been given a VIN since then. Typically the order will go in, you'll have a VON for a few weeks to a month - then it will go into D status (gateline status/waiting to go into production) and be assigned a VIN. You can call DC with your number and they will give you an approximation of what status it's in. By the way DC corporate may not have the most accurate to date info - stuff that happens in mexico may be communicated to corporate a day or two later. When mine was in the paint/body stage according to DC, it was in reality already on the train out of mexico. Good luck!

I think the thread with all the code info may be called '2004 order date' or something to that effect. When we were all waiting for our trucks to be built summer-fall 2003, we had a really long thread going. Mostly Scotty doing a lot of these waiting
Old 02-15-2005, 11:59 AM

This is what I looked like when I ordered my 01. It took six stinkin' months.

This is what I looked like when I ordered my 03. It only took three months.

Hang in there. Like I have always been told if it's worth having, it's worth the wait.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Before you trade it - let me know! I'm looking for a nice '03.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 AM

I ordered my new '05 on Dec 17th (a Friday afternnoon). It arrived Feb 1st, which is about 6 weeks including the holidays. They said 8 to 12 weeks, plus a week for the holiday lag time. It got here so fast it didn't give me any time to sell the '04 (a little sneakyness to pressure a trade?). I picked up the '05 on Feb 3rd. They sold my '04 the next day.

Plan on five weeks from the time you ordered with a 1 week + or - window. That's pretty dang fast!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the info. 5 weeks is fast!! I recieved the VON # at the dealer once he put the order into the system. He called 2 days later saying that the order was in and a VIN was assigned (I assumed that meant build status but that's kind of quick). Does it help that I ordered on the first day of the month so I was at the top of the dealer's allocation? They are a pretty big truck dealer in this area. I guess I need to call him and actually get the VIN - I didn't ask for it that day. Or I could always call DC customer service to get the VIN. I tried yesterday but gave up after being on hold for 20 minutes.

I found the long thread from last year and was wondering if anyone has been able to get on the DC Insight website to try to track their truck. I tried and it said that the portion of the website was removed due to security reasons. I figured I'd go on there with the dealer code and the VON and be able to track my truck. Anyone have other suggestions or can track it for me if I give you the information? I'd like to get an idea of when I'm getting my new truck as I have a buyer for the old one and I don't want to keep him guessing as to when he can take mine. I still need it until then.

I'm just wondering if DC shipping/tracking issues are still as awful as they were last year at this time.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:52 PM

Just got off the phone with DC customer service and they told me that the VON # I provided was not giving them any information in the system. He suggested getting the VIN from the dealer and calling back or just asking the dealer to look it up because "they have access to the same information we do". Now I'll try the dealer to see if he can give me some satisfaction.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:00 PM

hey jim what are you looking for in an 03