3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Someone stole my truck today

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone stole my truck today

I can't believe it, someone stole my 03 2500 today! Truck was parked in a Lowe's parking lot at midday. A buddy and I went in for about 20 minutes and came out and it was gone. This at 1:00 P.M. in a busy area. ***!!!! Needless to say I'm one pi$$ed off hombre. I hope the piece of edit wrecks it and kills himself. I don't want it back after this ingrate has done god knows what to it. I just put my 5er hitch back in this past Sunday so we could go camping this weekend for the first time this year. Guess we won't be going now.

Just needed to vent a little...
Old 03-24-2005, 03:36 PM

THAT SUCKS....Did you leave the keys in it?
Old 03-24-2005, 03:39 PM

No, it was locked and all windows rolled up.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:40 PM

Man that really does blow. I am sorry to hear about that. fing idiots...Hey at least you have an excuse to buy a new one now?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:43 PM

I hate thieves. There ought to be open season on them.

Good luck hope you get a new truck.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:50 PM

Sorry to hear that. Had mine stolen last summer from work. Luckily for me, it was recovered with almost no damage and the driver got 5 months in jail (he wasn't the guy who stole it though.)

I assume you didn't have the grey key? If your key was black, it only takes about 30 seconds and zero effort to steal a locked truck. They stick a flat screwdriver under the handle, pry it up and turn the lock bar by hand. That takes about 6 seconds. Then they get in and pop the ignition. That takes another 8 seconds. Using the screwdriver they used to pry your handle, they turn the ignition, adjust the rear view mirror, buckle the seat belt, move the seat forward, and throw it in reverse. That takes an additional 16 seconds. Easier than stealing my kids bike.

After mine was recovered, I had the dealer program my truck with the grey key. According to them, unless someone has my keys or a tow truck, the truck is unmoveable. It is really amazing to me that DC would not put at least some simple theft prevention on even the base model. I guess they want to sell you on it later.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:45 PM

That sucks!! I put a remote kill switch in mine. That $500 for the LOJACK seems well worth it every time a hear a story like this. But like you say what did they do to it well they had it. Good luck with the insurance company too!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Can anyone tell me what I'm up against if they don't recover it? I have gap insurance with Chrysler Financial, but it's worth quite a bit more than I owe. Does gap insurance help in my case and if so how? BTW, I have my insurance through USAA, heard their pretty good with their claims.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:54 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

from what i understand, gap insurance only takes care of the difference if you owe more then the truck is worth. since you owe less then the truck is worth then i don't think it will help you in this case.

britt

Old 03-24-2005, 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck. Low lifes are everywhere

I drive to Chicago often. That is why i installed one of these:

http://www.12voltshop.com/proddetail...t=11&path=1,11

I have it interrupting the starter. Without the RFID transponder it's not going to start.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car and truck thieves ought to be hung, just like horse thieves once were!!! And I would lose no sleep over pulling the lever myself. Better yet, part them out for their organs! How's that for poetic justice? Anyway, I'm glad you have USAA, they know what it means to serve.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Now I'm concerned with the truck I just got!

CaughtinmyGrill,
Are you saying that a dealer can program a grey key for added security without having to buy an additional security systems, like Mopar's EVSII?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:51 PM

Yea. What's up with the gray key? Sorry about your truck.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Banned

Man that sucks I was at Home Depot in puyallup WA and my buddy and I came out to get into his Superduty and we walked up to one idiot in the back of the truck in the bed he had broke into the canopy and another up in the cab trying to hotwire it or something. Needless to say they did not get away and we did not even have to call the cops I won't go into details but once they came too they will probably think twice about doing it again
Old 03-25-2005, 05:25 AM

Originally posted by Kyle Graham
Man that sucks I was at Home Depot in puyallup WA and my buddy and I came out to get into his Superduty and we walked up to one idiot in the back of the truck in the bed he had broke into the canopy and another up in the cab trying to hotwire it or something. Needless to say they did not get away and we did not even have to call the cops I won't go into details but once they came too they will probably think twice about doing it again
Kyle,

Thanks for the story. It's good to know there's at least two scumbags out there that will think twice before they steal someone else's truck. I only wish I had that opportunity.

Quick Reply: Someone stole my truck today