3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Some dealers just crack me up

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Based on a NEON platform.FWD
Old 02-22-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by charliez
"6 sets of tires in 100,000 miles"

Are you sure? That's a set every 16,666.66 miles. I can't imagine anyone doing that. I'm right at 81,000 on the tires I've got now and I'm expecting them to pass inspection in about another wee. They still have plenty of meat left.
You must live in Texas! When you drive on windy mountain roads tires seem to wear out a lot faster. He probably meant that they wore out because of alignment problems, anyways.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my dealings with Dodge CanadaI have met three mechanics that were good at what thy did. To bad they are not even remotley close to where I live.
The rest have scratched my paint, left lines finger tight to leak fluid all over the place, misdiagnosed bad injectors, didnt act upon what was recommended by the 3rd party injection shop, put the wrong oil in my engine mixed 5w40 syn with 5w30 syn, never topped up the fluids that were lost due to them not tightening the lines up (resulting in me driving the last 7,000km 2 liters low on the tranny), cant figure out the clunking in the drive line, had to drive with mechanic to diagnose bad wheel bearings (had to actually show him). was already in the shop for same problem 2 days prior.
My list can go on.

I am glad that I didnt pay for any of their less then middle school performance.
Unfortunatly I was hoping that they could reddeam themselves as I would like to find a fully equipped shop to carry out future work,. Now I have to go to three or four other shops.
Their loss.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bob4x4
I am not from missourri but you are going to have to show me a rear wheel drive PT Cruiser I think you may have inadvertantly proven something about service writers

Bob

DucMan82.......YOU JUST BEEN OWNED!!!.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by 03 ant a hemi
In my dealings with Dodge CanadaI have met three mechanics that were good at what thy did. To bad they are not even remotley close to where I live.
The rest have scratched my paint, left lines finger tight to leak fluid all over the place, misdiagnosed bad injectors, didnt act upon what was recommended by the 3rd party injection shop, put the wrong oil in my engine mixed 5w40 syn with 5w30 syn, never topped up the fluids that were lost due to them not tightening the lines up (resulting in me driving the last 7,000km 2 liters low on the tranny), cant figure out the clunking in the drive line, had to drive with mechanic to diagnose bad wheel bearings (had to actually show him). was already in the shop for same problem 2 days prior.
My list can go on.

I am glad that I didnt pay for any of their less then middle school performance.
Unfortunatly I was hoping that they could reddeam themselves as I would like to find a fully equipped shop to carry out future work,. Now I have to go to three or four other shops.
Their loss.
I had the dealer do an oil service and they only changed the oil filter and not the oil, just toped it off. Went to a cummins dealer and asked about the color of the oil, after my service. They said it should not be black with that little miles on her.

So I bought the valvaline royal blue and their fleet guard oil filter and did the service myself (again) and the oil looks like sunflower oil (clean as a whistle)
Old 02-24-2008, 03:36 PM

I dunno if I'll go for that one.Oil turns black quickly since 05 up and I would think/bet even quicker in a 6.7
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Maui Dodge.

Originally Posted by T & T
You'll love this... When taking my truck into the shop to flash the TSB for mileage, the service writer indicated that the truck had all the flashes. After explaining to him that the TSB was released after I purchased the truck and that it was impossible, he told me my mileage issue was because of a heavy foot. I explained that my mileage was mostly highway using cruise control. Suddenly that was the issue and that I wasn't consistent about how I filled my tank. I explained that I neck filled every time. Now I have a bad evaporative canister according to this guy (I made him try and show me where that was located). After about 20 minutes of hilarious BS, I went to the service manager and explained the entire ordeal. That was a waste of time after I realized I was speaking to an even bigger idiot. I drove down the road to another dodge dealership that completely took care of my needs and knew exactly what I was talking about.
Looking back at it, it was funny but sad.
Two Dodge dealerships on Maui? That's pretty good!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by shskr
I had the dealer do an oil service and they only changed the oil filter and not the oil, just toped it off. Went to a cummins dealer and asked about the color of the oil, after my service. They said it should not be black with that little miles on her.

So I bought the valvaline royal blue and their fleet guard oil filter and did the service myself (again) and the oil looks like sunflower oil (clean as a whistle)
I don't buy that the new trucks discolor the oil almost immediately,color should not be used as an indicator.

Bob
Old 02-24-2008, 05:15 PM

It did in my truck...I asked the same question at the dealer after my free first oil change...the oil was filthy. At the next one when I did it myself, it was pitch black after the leak check idling. I think the EGR in the 6.7 really dirties it up.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:33 PM

Black is not always dirty/filthy.Its just color.Certain brands get darker quicker etc.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeap, color dosen't mean much on 04.5 up. My truck will be back black within fireing up the engine. It's not pitch black but in a week or so it will be.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM

I mentioned this in another thread dealing with slipping clutch. Worth repeating here I think
My truck had 12,000 miles on it when the clutch started slipping in 6th gear, under accelleration going up a hill about 60MPH. I reported this to my dealer who warned me that they would need to find "something Wrong" in order for the warranty to cover repairs, as clutches are wear items and not under any warranty. This scared me off, so I went to another dealer who I knew had a real good diesel/drivetrain mechanic. When I told him what was happening, he said "you got a bad pressure plate,and that's covered by warranty". 48 hours later my truck was fixed. What a shame this dealer has a pack of hungry dogs in their sales department.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Actually pressure plate is covered 3/36 as well as the pilot bearing and flywheel.I've run warranty on a "defective"pilot bearing at 50k plus under the 7/70 powertrain and had customer buy "clutch"parts over the counter to keep a "happy customer" The pen can be a mightly tool Got to use your head.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:52 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by Hounddog
Actually pressure plate is covered 3/36 as well as the pilot bearing and flywheel.I've run warranty on a "defective"pilot bearing at 50k plus under the 7/70 powertrain and had customer buy "clutch"parts over the counter to keep a "happy customer" The pen can be a mightly tool Got to use your head.
This is the 100% truth. Warranty is a big ol' game but they do leave you loopholes to work with. Dealers can even run customer satisfaction policies, but they are to be reserved for special occasions. At the shop I work at, we work with almost all people. We get paid for the work, it would be stupid for us to not figure out a way to help them. Incompetent service writers are very frustrating to deal with as a foreman also. We got one a few weeks ago and it messes up the whole works. A good service writer that knows trucks, computers, warranty, and customer relations can be a HUGE asset to a dealership.

Where are most of you guys having issues? Incompetent service writers! If they knew how to file the warranty claims they would not get denied or "pending further review" from DC all the time.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shskr

I'll call bullsheet on this one!! 6.7's turn the oil jet stain your arm for days BLACK BLACK BLACK!!!

....of course maybe the poster drained the oil, filled with new, and THEN checked it BEFORE starting it up.

Everyone hates dealers here and you said it yourself.... Cummins "DEALER"....nothing different there. Maybe the cummins guys were laughing their hineys off when you left knowing you were going to go give some Dodge Garage grief over your oil that is supposed to be clean.

Quick Reply: Some dealers just crack me up