3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Sirius radio question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would anyone pay money to get radio that is worse sounding than AM??

Sirius streams radio at 60kbs, for those of you who have alot of mp3 files, that number might make sense to you. Most mp3 files are about 128kbs, decent to listen to, but still not cd quality by far.

I expected waaay more from sirius Not gonna give them a dime after 12 months.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ramstang
Why would anyone pay money to get radio that is worse sounding than AM??

Sirius streams radio at 60kbs, for those of you who have alot of mp3 files, that number might make sense to you. Most mp3 files are about 128kbs, decent to listen to, but still not cd quality by far.

I expected waaay more from sirius Not gonna give them a dime after 12 months.
Have you even listened to your sirius radio yet? Maybe it might be your ears? Except for the occasional tree or overpass blocking the signal, the sound is crisper and actually sounds better than any music I have yet too hear on any ******** radio station. The best thing about either Sirius or XM is they are not controlled by the FCC which means if you are not a prud, you hear the programming as it was meant to be listened to. Also when was the last time you were able to listen to the radio for an hour without 40% of that time taken up with stupid commercials and lame sounding DJ's?
Old 06-19-2006, 11:39 AM

oh well

Originally Posted by TPilaske
Hit the "mode" button and it should switch over from terrestrial radio to satellite. I had to call to get mine activated as well. Of course they wanted me to purchase a second year right away at a "discounted" rate, but I told them I would try it out first. They also setup my account and all that good stuff so I could access it online and renew my membership if I choose too...

Tony

I had done this. I looked at my sticker and it does not mention Sirius. I thought ALL Big Horn trucks had it, guess I was wrong. Not a big deal to me, I was only going to use it because it was free..
Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 PM

I got a lifetime subscription from my dealer when i purchased my truck. i love my sirius. awesome quality.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Oval Racer
I had done this. I looked at my sticker and it does not mention Sirius. I thought ALL Big Horn trucks had it, guess I was wrong. Not a big deal to me, I was only going to use it because it was free..
I thought it was part of the "big horn" package as well... just look on the roof of your truck towards the back right above the 3rd brake light area. If you have an little black antenna there, then it's got the Sirius package...

Tony
Old 06-20-2006, 11:22 AM

I got one or two letters asking me to activate my [free] Sirius. But like was stated above, if the antenna is on your rooftop, that's somewhat of a sign you have it....try the mode button on your radio and see if you can switch to SAT...channel 184 will be active if you can.

Chuck
Old 06-20-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by phloop
Have you even listened to your sirius radio yet? Maybe it might be your ears? Except for the occasional tree or overpass blocking the signal, the sound is crisper and actually sounds better than any music I have yet too hear on any ******** radio station. The best thing about either Sirius or XM is they are not controlled by the FCC which means if you are not a prud, you hear the programming as it was meant to be listened to. Also when was the last time you were able to listen to the radio for an hour without 40% of that time taken up with stupid commercials and lame sounding DJ's?
And you can listen to the same station on those long trips....good or bad!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 AM

I just put my old XM roady in last night. I'm getting tired of the Sirius blackouts. THey have decent programming, but their coverage isn't near what XM has around here. Most big tree's and ALL overpasses cause a 5 second blackout.