3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Should I just give up??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
So yea, I'll ask again. HOW are you guys getting the 3% under invoice? This info will help me a lot.
As well as the usual holdback, there are other incentives (to the dealer) like ad money, volume incentives etc. Don't know if it is still in effect, but in May there was a $1000 incentive to the dealer for every truck sold (as per the Wall Street Journal). Google Steve White Motors, and Dave Smith Motors, give them a call and see what online prices you get. There is also a dealer in Claremore OK that has really good prices (forgot the name, but do a locate on Dodge.com for Claremore OK). Print out some of the prices you find and take them to your local dealer and see if they will get close. Might be worth a trip to buy a truck below invoice if your local guys won't deal.

On Edit...here is a link to the dealer in OK: This is for Ram 3500's, they have a bunch of 2500's also

http://www.meltonsales.com/cgi-bin/m...duct&key=Z3500
Old 06-16-2006, 09:49 AM

Thanks, I've looked at Melton's before. They just don't have any single cabs. Would it be worth it to call them and get some sort of quote?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
Thanks, I've looked at Melton's before. They just don't have any single cabs. Would it be worth it to call them and get some sort of quote?
I didn't realize you were looking for a single cab.......those are rare in a 2500 or 3500 CTD and you will probably pay more for one than a quad cab, unless you find a plain jane reg cab fleet truck somewhere. You could call melton's and they can maybe do a zone locate and see if there are any out there. Too late to order an '06, if you are dead set on a regular cab you may have to wait for '07 and special order it.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:57 PM

It's me again . Well, I found another one. It's an early 03' with the 10.5" rear and SO prolly a 47re. It has 72K on it and they guy doesn't want to sell it, but he is moving and doesn't need it anymore. Only wants 17,900 for it.

I am really gonna go after this one. Guy sounds smart enough. He took care of it and used it to haul a wood chipper(no gooseneck). All in all the truck sounds like EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

Now, I don't remember who, but how hard is it to get these SO motors to say 500HP? I know one of you guys has. I know injectors and all that. I want this truck to be a drag truck eventually ( key word EVENTUALLY) and am wondering if I will be fighting a losing battle. I know you can upgrade the tranny just like the 48re so thats not a prob. Any help on this issue would be great.

Also, I found a link on Google that would let you type in a VIN and send it to DC and they would send you a full options list for that specific VIN. Anybody know what that link is cause I can't find it?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:46 PM

Another thing to consider is the '07's will have a 6-speed auto. I wonder what that will do to the 4-speed auto's resale value? Maybe nothing.

The latest '03 sounds pretty good. It's what you want & may be reasonably priced, which, will allow you more money for an upgraded trans. Lots of people getting good power out of their SO's.

Good Luck.

Joe F.(Buffalo)
Old 07-05-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Buffalo
Another thing to consider is the '07's will have a 6-speed auto. I wonder what that will do to the 4-speed auto's resale value? Maybe nothing.

The latest '03 sounds pretty good. It's what you want & may be reasonably priced, which, will allow you more money for an upgraded trans. Lots of people getting good power out of their SO's.

Good Luck.

Joe F.(Buffalo)
I would get an 07' except that they are gonna cost like 50k and have all that emissions crap on them.

That's my thinking on the 03'. I'd rather have a payment that will be half as much allowing me to mod this thing.

Where are my SO guys at? What numbers are you guys making?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:52 PM

abc4yew is the person I'm thinking of. Where you at?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:11 PM

Panterra, I was busy all week fabbing and installing my Super B/S400 twins. The SO is a good truck. The 47re is not as strong off the shelf as a 48re but if you replace it with a built 48re with at least billet input and flexplate. If you have any thought of going over 600 get the billet intermediate....I broke mine with the big injectors and tons of fueling on the stock turbo....you will be all good. $4k...HTS, ATS, DTT, SunCoast

First thing to do is get a F1 Helix 2 cam and springs. $1400
You should upgrade to a stage 2 CP3 from II or Floor it at the same time $1195
For 500hp you do not have to go over 55psi if boost so you don't have to be studded....another 500 if you do stud.
Then you get a TST...wait for the newest with adjustable timing, boost limit, several programs.
Then get smarty from this DTR Larry for $649

Prices do not include labor and are just an approximate. I didn't mention a turbo but you can make 500 with the stocker....It is a pretty tough turbo. If you do the above and don't make 500hp (I will be amazed) add a 62/14 turbo from II, HTT or others.

That truck is a pretty good deal. Buying from the owner is a good way to get a great deal. Keep me in the loop. I'll be posting on the twins later on today.....check it out. Kerry
Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
Panterra, I was busy all week fabbing and installing my Super B/S400 twins. The SO is a good truck. The 47re is not as strong off the shelf as a 48re but if you replace it with a built 48re with at least billet input and flexplate. If you have any thought of going over 600 get the billet intermediate....I broke mine with the big injectors and tons of fueling on the stock turbo....you will be all good. $4k...HTS, ATS, DTT, SunCoast

First thing to do is get a F1 Helix 2 cam and springs. $1400
You should upgrade to a stage 2 CP3 from II or Floor it at the same time $1195
For 500hp you do not have to go over 55psi if boost so you don't have to be studded....another 500 if you do stud.
Then you get a TST...wait for the newest with adjustable timing, boost limit, several programs.
Then get smarty from this DTR Larry for $649

Prices do not include labor and are just an approximate. I didn't mention a turbo but you can make 500 with the stocker....It is a pretty tough turbo. If you do the above and don't make 500hp (I will be amazed) add a 62/14 turbo from II, HTT or others.

That truck is a pretty good deal. Buying from the owner is a good way to get a great deal. Keep me in the loop. I'll be posting on the twins later on today.....check it out. Kerry
Thanks for the advice. Those are pretty much the plans I have. The tranny will be first. It has 75k on it so I just wonder if I can get away with a VB and TC untill i can get a full rebuild. I wouldn't go above 450hp with just those mods. I'm still up in the air as far as boxes go. I think cam, injectors and CP3 upgrade will all be done at the same time, so I need to start saving . Studs will be done then too, cause that will mean I'm going for the big power. I want to get a B2 to go with the stock turbo to get to 450~550hp then add a bigger primary later(or secondary can't remember which the stock is in a twin setup). Well, I need to stop, I'm goint to do something dumb and buy it all on credit cards or something .

This truck will be done in stages so I will have plenty of time to decide exactly what I want. Thanks for the input. Hopefully I'll be going to get it this weekend unless something comes up.