3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Seat Covers: the opposite of most......

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by njhonker
hey Tom.....yes...those covers DO look good! they ARE expensive though...are they an easy install??

thanks...

Rob
Took me about 2 hours, front and back. I know they are expensive but my truck was like brand new and the cloth that dodge uses made my interior look like it was 10 years old. factory seats were getting all messed up.

If you guys are good I will show you my custom door panels that match my seat covers........LOL

Old 02-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by mastercaster
here are some pics of mine. they are the coverking black/charcoal neoprene.

Attachment 19603

Attachment 19604

Attachment 19605

Attachment 19606

Attachment 19607

MasterCaster:

Those are exactly like I'm looking for..............were they hard to put on?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by njhonker
hey Tom.....yes...those covers DO look good! they ARE expensive though...are they an easy install??

thanks...

Rob

I have the same ones. Pretty easy install, but I have to look closer at the back seat console one again - doesn't want to flip up into the close position all the way....I sure just an adjustment is needed, but I never sit back there.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 PM

checkster, I have the same covers and have a little issue on the center console flip up. There seems do always be a gap were the bottom attaches. THe corner pieces don't seem to hold it in place right. Any ideas? Were did you get the door panel? Have you seen the dash cover?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same seats. I've also had leather in other pickups. I live in West Texas, Souther NM area. We get hotter than you will in the summer. Won't compete with your humidity. I've never had a problem with the leather sets, even over 100 degrees. I think it all false expectations.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by 2ManyVariables
Might you consider just changing girlfriends perhaps? Seems easier to me.....
Plus they won't mind if you want to try another seatcover for a weekend

-- Pete
Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 PM

here are some pics of mine. they are the coverking black/charcoal neoprene.
Nice. Thanks for posting. They look tight. I'm thinking I'll put a set of these on mine in black/grey
Old 02-09-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MikeRP
MasterCaster:

Those are exactly like I'm looking for..............were they hard to put on?
they are very easy to install. a first timer could expect to do all seats and consoles in about and hour or so. they do fit perfect. not a crease anywhere. you can get sample of the colors from them. the charcoal matches excellent with the lighter dash and door pieces in the slate gray interior. they said the gray was really light.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM

they are very easy to install. a first timer could expect to do all seats and consoles in about and hour or so. they do fit perfect. not a crease anywhere. you can get sample of the colors from them. the charcoal matches excellent with the darker dash and door pieces in the slate gray interior. they said the gray was really light.
They had two options for the mega-cab = 3 equal headrests & 2 same/1 smaller.
Is there a megacab with different size headrests?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:37 PM

don't know, but that was the one problem i had. my mega has 2 larger headrests in the front, and 3 smaller ones in the back. when they made mine they made 4 the size of the front ones, and one smaller one for the rear center. i called them, and their computer showed what they had sent, but they remade the 2 rear ones no questions asked. had them in a week. i guess i have a set of backup front headrest covers now. so, you probably won't need it, but if you do, their customer service was great.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 PM

thanks again mastercaster. We'll see what I get with the "3 equal size" order, lol!
Old 02-09-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by brocksdiesel
checkster, I have the same covers and have a little issue on the center console flip up. There seems do always be a gap were the bottom attaches. THe corner pieces don't seem to hold it in place right. Any ideas? Were did you get the door panel? Have you seen the dash cover?
NOt sure without seeing a pic of your console. I made the door
panels....5 bucks. i also did the overhead console and would like to get around to doing the radio bezel eventually
Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also went to school and then lived in College Station for 12 yeasrs. I never had a problem with my leather seats, in three different cars.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2ManyVariables
Might you consider just changing girlfriends perhaps? Seems easier to me.....
haha, she puts up with all my other toys/hobbies and doesnt mind me spending all that money on them instead of her, so ill keep her around, besides that, id like to keep the stock seats looking nice, im hard on seats, never clean up before gettin in

thanks again for the advice guys, ill be pickin up a set of seat covers in april or may, when i have a lil extra cash around

wes
Old 04-17-2008, 05:42 PM

My family has had leather seats in cars for more than 40 years, in Dallas (with the humidity, pollution index and heat, hotter than any place mentioned so far).

They're a lot more comfortable than cloth, in our opinion, as you don't get all clammy on them. Cloth seats feel terrible, IMO, and you can't scootch around on them. They do nothing but absorb dirt.

You do have air-conditioning, don't you?

Just park the front end out of the sun and/or use a windshield cover (I bought mine from dealer).

To keep them nice (and the vinyl) use LEATHERIQUE and the associated cleaner. There is absolutely nothing better. Nothing. I brought my wife's 45-yr old saddle back from dry, stiff and shedding to a pliable state which will keep it good for years to come. Took off all that old sweat/salt that had gotten down into it. Stay away from the fad-of-the-month miracle, LEATHERIQUE has been around more than forty years and is still the best.

When we go to sell a car after 12 years or so, the leather is uncracked, just creases. All soft.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers: the opposite of most......