3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Seat Covers: the opposite of most......

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Covers: the opposite of most......

I have an 04 Laramie 2500 with the leather seats with adjustable lumbar support, full power, heated, all that good stuff. I am going to be moving to Houston in May and know that I will hate the leather seats there, as in the summer they will get SCORCHING hot. When I got this truck back in October the first thing my girlfriend said was "you better get some seat covers or I wont ride in this in the summers cause Ill just stick to the seats, and thats just not happenin" so I told her I would get some seat covers. In addition I would like to keep the leather in as good of shape as I can so that the seats dont start breaking down and getting uncomfortable (these are like a 500% improvement over the seats in my last truck, an 03 Tundra).

So if anyone has put covers over their leather Laramie seats please post up with what kind of covers you used and how you like them. Maybe some pics if possible. I appreciate any help!

Wes
Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM

i had Wet Okole covers in my ford psd, and now have the CoverKing covers in my dodge. i like the coverkings a little better. but both are fantastic totally custom covers. once on, people will not know that you have covers on your seats. coverking has 4 or 5 fabric options. wet okole is neoprene based only. i went with neoprene on both. i did so because it adds a nice cushion to the seat and they are waterproof. they are fabric mated to neoprene. both brands are comparable in price. i spent $570 on the wet okole covers, and around $400 on the coverking. i say comparable because i ordered the okole covers with contasting piping and that cost extra. also costco happens to sell the coverking neoprene covers at about $120 less than anyone else. you can't go wrong with either, but way the coverkings install was nicer. the sets include full seat covers, headrest covers, armrest covers, and console covers. here are some links.

http://www.coverking.com/buynow.html

http://www.wetokole.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
Old 02-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Check with genos garage I have their seat covers . Reasonable price and a great fit. Another plus is you can wash them when they get dirty.

Andy
Old 02-07-2008, 06:08 PM

I bought these and love them..
Looks like original covers at a great price....

http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/produ...8521421a.shtml
Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Marathons!

Marathon Seat Covers. 100% hand made in USA with great fit. They're waterproof and I ordered the optional pockets front and back. Good customer service. www.marathonseatcovers.com
Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 AM

thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really like the look of the coverkings, so i favorited the costco site and as soon as i have some money ill order me a set.

thanks again

wes
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM

i'll try to post some pics of them installed in my truck for you today.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:03 AM

oh, i should mention that another great reason for ordering them through costco is they have a no questions asked return policy. anytime!! and you get priority when ordering. before i found them at costco, i called coverking to see if the expected delivery time was really 4-6 weeks. they said yes, as they are obviously custom made to order. but through costco, i had them at my door 10 days after i palced the order.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by TX Tech Wes
thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really like the look of the coverkings, so i favorited the costco site and as soon as i have some money ill order me a set.

thanks again

wes
I have the full set of dark slate cloth seat covers that I switched with KatSkinz leather at 16 miles. Interested?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:49 AM

wet okoles here........look so good people have asked me if they're factory. i ordered them cabelas. got them in Max4D camo. sorry for the pic, its from my phone.
Attached Thumbnails Seat Covers:  the opposite of most......-seatcovers.jpg  
Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 PM

I got a set of sheepskins, a little expensive, but they are warm in the winter cool in the summer, add a little padding for comfort. Sun here in New Mexico like Texas, hot on the buttmeter!!! Regardless of what seat cover you put in, you WILL have to keep your leather oiled/softened or they will dry out and crack.

CD
Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danderson
Marathon Seat Covers. 100% hand made in USA with great fit. They're waterproof and I ordered the optional pockets front and back. Good customer service. www.marathonseatcovers.com
I'll second this, I really like my Marathon Superhides.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by TX Tech Wes
my girlfriend said was "you better get some seat covers or I wont ride in this in the summers cause Ill just stick to the seats, and thats just not happenin" so I told her I would get some seat covers. Wes
Might you consider just changing girlfriends perhaps? Seems easier to me.....
Old 02-08-2008, 12:59 PM

here are some pics of mine. they are the coverking black/charcoal neoprene.

Seat Covers:  the opposite of most......-img_0525.jpg

Seat Covers:  the opposite of most......-img_0527.jpg

Seat Covers:  the opposite of most......-img_0528.jpg

Seat Covers:  the opposite of most......-img_0529.jpg

Seat Covers:  the opposite of most......-img_0530.jpg
Old 02-08-2008, 01:04 PM

hey Tom.....yes...those covers DO look good! they ARE expensive though...are they an easy install??

thanks...

Rob

Quick Reply: Seat Covers: the opposite of most......