3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

sales woman assures no body mods to 05

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Nevada
They hung with the old body style for about ten years, I doubt they will change this one in two.

well, this body came around in 02 for the 1500's and they did do a mid year engine uprate so who knows what else is up their sleives
Old 05-23-2004, 12:38 PM
db

I hope they never come out with the full size crew - cab

That way it keeps the TRUE Cummins believer in the right camp.

I vote to keep those crazy people out of here that won't buy a Cummins powered pick up just because of a few inches in the REAR seat.

It would be like me not buying a Dodge because I needed a TRUE club cab like F*** makes.

Speaking of wild rumors. Maybe this guy that came over from the "family vehicles" is working on a Cummins Ram based SUV! That way the people that really need a family truck would have one.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 AM

Originally posted by billyrae
Well I heard runors of a longer cab but I'd figure we'd have seen it by now if it goes on sale next month or so. I can wait till then but I can'wait till next year end as my current truck won't hold up for family vacations.
Thanks for making me think though.
Billy, we won't see deliveries of the '05 models until late August at the earliest. The dealers seldom know much about the new models until they arrive on the lots (it seems). Just because the saleswoman sounded nice (or was cute, for that matter), why does that make her any more knowledgeable? If you really need a truck now, it doesn't really matter what the '05's will have, does it? My advice: If you tend to keep you vehicles for a long time and you consider it to be a major purchase, rent a car for the family summer holiday and wait until DC annouces the changes. Otherwise if the current model suits your needs, then buy it.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:33 PM

I'm sure there are a lot of folks that could use a larger crew cab, but the current size is perfect to me. Plus it just fits in the garage. I supose they would discontinue the smaller QC.

Pete
Old 05-27-2004, 05:53 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if Dodge added to the product line and had Both the current quad cab and a full crew cab. Looks at furd, how may hundred of cab options to they have. Dodge has fewer cab combo's than Chev or Furd.

Who knows at this point. Smart sales people always "sell what they have", not what's cummin.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by royalnine
I will go nuckin futs if the 05 is bigger/better. I just bought my 04. However price will be A LOT higher though considering all the rebates I got on mine.
I think those of us who made the purchase in 04 or 03 did so at a smart time. The odds of Dodge making any real significant changes at all are VERY slim. Think about it (I can't believe it's even being discussed here in all honesty). The new body design for the Heavy Duties didn't even become available until 03!! Now if you were coming into this say 2009, then yes. I would say we are late to the party. For example, those who bought Fords this year will be in for the exact suprise we are talking about here. The 05 F-350s and F-250s are going to sport a whole new look. The Dodges though will not change for qutie a while. (This is a silly thread really).

You think Dodge is just going to throw that design away after a year and a half? That would be a very bad choice on their part. If you look at how long they kept the prior design, and the success in terms of sales for the new design, I think you have the answer.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:59 AM

Dodge won't throw the current configurations away, they will just add another one. The "Mega-Cab" will be an *option* IMO.

I bet Ford will make their newer HD pickups alot like their new F150's.

Make the ride and noise factor alot more SUV like and use that new "Quiet Steel" they keep talking about.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:36 AM

Quote by "DCXcarbuilder":

"Regarding the Mega cab, I have been told by three diferent sources that it will be made in Mexico (not St. Louis) and that operators from Mexico are currently building pilot models at CTC. I was also told that it will be an 06 model launched in 05, however St Louis will begin building a diesel Ram. "

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.p...ic=36670&st=44
Old 05-31-2004, 02:33 PM

Dodge introudces a mega cab option now and they are going to have some seriously dissapointed customers. I for one would not have bought a truck when I did had I known they were coming out with a larger cab. This would be a very stupid move on Dodges part IMHO.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:04 PM

I feel your pain New Cummins (I have a 2003) but to say it is a bad move to offer an option that many want is niave. If they didn't ever want to anger the guys that just purchased then the next year's vehicle could never be better than the last, which qould quickly move Dodge to the bottom of the heap.

I would appluad a Mega Cab even though I would have waited had I known.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:50 PM

True enough. What they have to do is make improvements in a intelligent manner. In other words, the bigger cab isn't exactly a revolutionary concept. It's something Dodge should have done in 03 with the introduciton of the new body style in the Heavy Duties. To do it now just shows they don't have their act together as far as I am concerned. Don't get me wrong. It's a good idea. I don't understand what the heck has taken them so long frankly. Oh well. If they do it now, then they do.