3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

ROOFGOOFS 07 MegaCab

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My F250 I thought rode pretty good... I know for sure the head rest in the Dodge are more stiff, but the seats are pretty comparable IMO. The 3500 is a bit bumpy, but the smile on my face will oversee the ride any day!

The dealership I used was Sturgills..they were 2100.00 LESS than about 5 other dealerships in the area...NO COMPARISON and that was their first offer, no haggling at Sturgills...they are located at the Harford/Cecil county near the powerplant/dam. (connowingo) Spelling?

CB/Scanner mount links
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1168...57888292avaDTb
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1168...57888292rhQzfg
I obviously cannot use the bracket seen above in the pics due to the Dodge interior I have...so I think I will be fabbing something up..hopefully it will be done in a week or so, I'll post pics when I'm done.

The Ford that left me unhappy.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1531...57888292xzBQBl
Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 PM

MY RIG

Old 12-30-2006, 01:33 PM

ROOF nice looking rig, wait till you get a load on it, the ride is night and day.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:35 PM

Here we go..figured out the pics...click to make BIG

Old 12-30-2006, 01:44 PM

My truck and 9 month old boy

In this picture you can see my interior, I plan on cutting / removing the backing to that little nook so my radios/switches can stick further in. First I need to do some looking behind there before I cut to make sure there is room for my junk...There should be, but I'll make sure. I think this design from Dodge could have been improved to make this a deeper compartment. But I'll figure something out....

Let there be light!
Old 12-30-2006, 01:47 PM

Something the Fords will see...my rear LOL

Old 12-30-2006, 02:01 PM

and here is a picture of myself... I didnt want to be rude I am on the LEFT.

Cheers.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:00 PM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
Sharp looking truck! congrats. I like the sunroof. Thats one option I wish I had...
Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No kidding. I bought mine from Sturgill's too. They are definately good to deal with. Sad part is Im like 2 miles from Keene Dodge but I will never buy a vehicle from there. Nice looking truck too by the way. Do you volunteer here in Hazzard County too or are you career only? I ride at Norrisville in the north-middle-of-nowhere-sheep-country and I used to ride at Jarrettsville too.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Banned

I seriously doubt the "take off shudder" just disappeared. It seems to be caused by the alignment (or mis-alignment!) of the rear driveshaft/carrier bearing.

The 1st Gens are know for having the same problem and it's caused by the carrier bearing being mounted up too high. To fix it on a 1st Gen you simply space the bearing down a little using some washers. I can't believe Dodge has the same problem again with Mega's...14 years later!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:13 PM

dose it have the 6 speed auto ? how is that compared to the ford?>
Old 12-31-2006, 02:26 PM

Hey Roofgoof

Just another local dude saying nice truck
Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 PM

Thanks for the compliments... I think I might have jumped the gun by saying I had shrudder...I think I was just not use to the take off like the Ford...but after numerous WOT pull outs to about 40 MPH, I do not notice any type of vibration, etc... It defenitly feels different than a Ford, but I think its more of the fact I am not use to a 3500, when I was driving a 250. ??? My rig has an automatic transmission. (4 speed)

BIGHORNRAM - I am career in Howard County and tick in PG county when I have time (kentland) also tick back in PA when I visit my home town. I just moved to Harford, so I may join Bel Air ??? we'll see.

The only thing that really bites my A$$ is the rake it has (i'll be looking to level it out soon..hopefully) and the lower dash area where the console cup holders, etc are....its not deep enough for my junk I want to install (radios, cb, etc.)

I love this truck though...and I did my first real highway run this AM going to work and my overhead was showing 19.4 MPG at 70-74 mph.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 PM

Roofgoof, the shudder you speak of is actually pretty normal. My 06 Mega Cab 3500 has it as well. It appears to be a problem with Mega Cabs and Long bed Quad Cabs. The culprit is the carrier bearing. Unloaded, the driveline angle is a bit steep, which causes a bit of a shudder. Under load, the angle is decreased and hence no shudder. The fix is to shim the carrier bearing and it will remove your shudder.

From what I've read, the shudder is annoying, but harmless. Its the only negative, for an otherwise fine truck.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:43 AM

[QUOTE=ROOFGOOF;1275633]
The only thing that really bites my A$$ is the rake it has (i'll be looking to level it out soon..hopefully) and the lower dash area where the console cup holders, etc are....its not deep enough for my junk I want to install (radios, cb, etc.)

Congrats on the new payment, and nice truck. When the chassis cabs came out there is a site i believe was through mopar with orderable interior panels on the 06 and up trucks. Theres panels panels had knock outs for switches and some other pieces for interior/exterior add ons. Like you would see in a ambulance, one ton dump ect ect..... If you search this forum you'll probably find the link as it was posted a while back. You could also search mydodgeparts.com as they should be on there.
They would atleast keep the interior somewhat factory looking.

Quick Reply: ROOFGOOFS 07 MegaCab