3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Reply from Dodge/ tape vs. plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Got my new truck on Monday from Carson Dodge in Carson City, NV. They could not have been nicer. I mentioned the tape instead of plugs to my salesman, Charlie Gillies, and the parts guy ordered them. When I picked up the truck they were all installed and there was no charge.

I would give the salesman and parts guy Jay and A+.

jr
Old 03-24-2004, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by Bowman
Nick & Jamar, thanx for the info...

You ain't gonna believe this... But I was sent those pictures & description of the parts/truck. I didn't know then they were the fiche. I SHOWED those to my salesman. After that is when he said he'd found some plugs in Delaware(i'm in Texas). That's when he said it would cost ME 20 bucks. I will hopefully be able to send the documents to the customer service folks from Dodge.

Mopar has a hugh parts distribution center in Newark, DE. It's right by the University.

BTW, $20 seems like he's charging you for the plugs. For some reason or another, I keep thinking they cost under a buck a piece at dealer cost.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:29 AM

My friend just purchased a 04 2500 and he brought it over to install the nerf bars. To our surprise there was Tape on the holes---we thought how odd is this. Definatly seems like it should come from the factory with plugs installed
Old 03-25-2004, 05:17 AM

The D.c. customer service rep I bet did not understand PLUGS are standard not TAPE.I bet the REP is well aware the plugs are missing.Most of the customer reps at D.C.your best buddy have NO CLUE to anything mechanical wise.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:48 PM

I had the dealer change my oil. first time is a freebie. Plus I have the first 5 free.

I talked to the service advisor about the plugs/tape issue. I showed her the fiche and she said... yeah, it should have plugs, I'll order them. Why couldn't the salesman be decent about the whole mess. Hopefully, the plugs will come in soon.

On another note... while they were changing oil, I had them check the differential. Yep, a little low. They put regular 80-90 lube in it. Hopefully, it shouldn't hurt anything since the truck calls for sysnthetic.

I sure am leery about dealers that don't specialize in diesel sales.

David