3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Replacing Hood Grill Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing Hood Grill Assembly

Anyone replaced the entire grill assembly?
I took mine off and there was a black RTV type gasket between it and the hood along the upper edge of the grill and leading edge of the hood.
The new grill assembly doesn't have anything for this area and I was wondering if anyone has crossed this bridge before?

Replacing mine that was damaged by some idi*t that backed into it with a 2x4 sticking a few feet out his car window at Home Depot. It cracked just below the Ram head in the middle of the grill.

Thankfully, nothing else was damaged and the guy left a note stating he'd pay for the damage.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RAMCTD
Anyone replaced the entire grill assembly?
I took mine off and there was a black RTV type gasket between it and the hood along the upper edge of the grill and leading edge of the hood.
The new grill assembly doesn't have anything for this area and I was wondering if anyone has crossed this bridge before?

Replacing mine that was damaged by some idi*t that backed into it with a 2x4 sticking a few feet out his car window at Home Depot. It cracked just below the Ram head in the middle of the grill.

Thankfully, nothing else was damaged and the guy left a note stating he'd pay for the damage.
He shoulda written the note on an autographed picture of Ben Franklin...
Old 08-29-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't notice the damage at first. I saw the note and it said "sorry I hit your truck, call me, I'll pay for it". I noticed the damage when I got home and looked it over a little better. At least he owned up to it and just didn't run off without saying anything.

So, anyone replace a complete grill assembly?
Not just the innner piece, the whole thing.