3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Replacement for Driver mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacement for Driver mirror

I have an 06, with tow mirrors off of an 03 on it. I had it in the shop for some work and the tech hit the mirror on the lift when he was backing it out. Only broke the mirror though. He told me he would have it fixed, so no big deal. The glass guy comes out with just a piece of glass and tells me it just goes over the broken one. Ok cool. He puts it on and it had what looked to be smudges in the glass. not to mention it just makes the mirror heavier and bounce more. I told him i was not going to accept it. So they have been trying to replace the mirror cluster. Now here comes the problem. They have now ordered 2 of them. one for the 06 and one for the 06. (I know they are the same, but bear with me). He comes out with the first mirror and its not right. I knew it just looking at it and told him, but he insisted, and kept trying. About the time i felt he was going to completely break my mirror i told him to stop and proceeded for him. My mirror is the one with the retaining ring. The one that he had is the one with the 3 prongs (like this one). So he left and had the shop order the next mirror. It came in the same, go figure. My question here is, does anyone know the part number for a drivers side mirror with the retainer ring? power, heated.... I cant get any info anywhere on this. I am 99% sure they are factory mirrors. The only way they wouldn't be is if the dealer put aftermarkets on it, but I bought the truck they came off of new. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump
Old 03-23-2011, 11:03 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I don't know.....sounds like the dealer is trying to pull one over on you. I'd make them get you a whole new mirror assembly. I have no clue but to me all of the fold-out mirror assembies look the exact same for over a decade. Don't know why they would change such a minute detail such as that.

Hope you get that resolved.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The part number for the 03 REPLACEMENT tow mirror (drivers side, heated, power) with the retaining ring is as follows: 05086219AA. The mirror will include instruction & installation sheet # 700196.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just drive it over to an auto glass shop. We have one near our work and when the mirror got busted on my work van, I ran over there. They knew exactly what to do. They popped the old glass out and had a new one in in less than a minute, and I was gone. Have the service guy call them first and give them a PO for it. You'll never see any paperwork. Easy Greasy.