3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Registration

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 06:04 PM

Location: Different City each Week of the Year, Currently: Newtown Ct
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Registration

Howdy!
Just bought my 05 here in Oklahoma City, and was told, that I could have registered it here in Oklahoma, even though my real address is in Ct.
Since i travel with disney so much, I wont be near Ct for a long long time. Can anyone please find out if your state requires residency to get registered?
Thanks alot, i would really appreciate it.

Guy
Old 09-30-2005, 06:13 PM

Ct. would love to have your property tax money every year... I would say were your drivers linc. is curently filed at would be my answer....
Old 09-30-2005, 06:23 PM

Well.
I have a few other friends who have registered vehicles here in oklahoma with a virginia license. They were not leaving to go to virginia any time soon, and oklahoma dmv said Ok.
I didnt know i could register with the papers that i just recieved from the dealer, and am ****** because i am leaving oklahoma on sunday.
New mexico is next, then texas...
Thanks again.
G
Old 10-01-2005, 12:24 AM

For those of us that were or might still be in the military, it's referred to as the Tri-state law. Alot of old timers know of this. You will be breaking it because of your home address, dirvers liscence, and vehichle registration, are all supose to match. I know CT will stick it to you if they find out, I use to live there, and they want thier 7.5% and they will get it.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:15 AM

i agree.. My brother lives in phoenix on luke afb. and he has to register his car in mn since his dl says mn. also his insurance has to be out of mn also. I remenber this specifically because he was home for my beating (wedding) and was trying to get to the dmv to renew his dl but the senators could not deal with the states budget so the government was shut down including the dmv. so he was screwed. he ended up staying another week to get his dl renewed when they re-opened.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:28 PM

Well, my next question is now,
Can i register my vehicle in Ct, with the truck not being there?
It is a new vehicle, and i have the dealer info for it, but will not be in ct for about 8 more months...

Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 03:11 PM

I would think you might be able to register it ONLINE without paying them a visit, but not really sure. Maybe at least online you might get a CT phone number and give them a call.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by guyssets
Howdy!
....even though my real address is in Ct.
Guy
It sounds to me like you know what your real address is; so what's the problem again? Yeah, you can register in CT; you can pretty much anything online or via snail mail.

No matter what - or where you land, you will end up paying states sales tax.... (and I think thats what you're trying to avoid, right?). Its pay now, or pay later.