3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Recuriculation Door.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recuriculation Door.

I think my recuriculation door is on is way out. I can still change where the air comes out but i could not move a sheet of paper with the pressure that is come out of the vents. Could this be the recuriculation door or is it something else.

I fond a thread that said all i had to do is remove the glove box and the amp and the air box is right there.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
EDR

I'm pretty sure that changing the location of air flow is controlled by another door. The recirculation air door sits right above the fan and when it fails it does restrict the air flow. On my truck it broke off and fell onto the fan and made a horrible racket (scared the crap out of me when it first happened!).

Removing the recirculation door is a simple process. You just unplug the blower motor and remove the three screws holding it in place. It will then drop down out of the ducting. You can then stick your hand up in the ducting and hopefully find the broken door and pull it out. If it's not fully broken off, it may be a bit difficult to remove, but you can at least check to see if it's broken and just hasn't fallen onto the fan's blower.

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 PM

I did exactly what EDR says. I noticed I still had air coming thru the vents while driving even though it was on recirc. Pulled the 3 screws and the door was laying just above the fan. *********** put in the newly designed box. There is another thread which has the pics and step by step.