3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Rear window broke!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Whitmore
So would this warrenty cover where a rock cracked the windshield........my lil woman would be too happy if they did

Cheers, Kevin
Nope, only manufacturing defects.

Now, if said rock was sandwiched in with the plastic,
wanted out, and broke it getting out, then it would be covered.

I do remember something about some trucks getting out of the factory with tape over the cab vents,
not allowing the pressure to release, resulting in unexplained broken windows and windshields.

phox
Old 09-29-2004, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty does cover GLASS as long as its not hit by something.The DEALER should have called his REP and discussed the issue if he could'nt determine the reason but OBVIOUSLY theres a problem with THIS many posts about the same thing.I'd be damned to be out of pocket $950 dollars if I just shut a door.from time to time I have seen this on many differant makes and models.Rare YES but it does happen!
Old 10-02-2004, 07:27 AM

I finally got it fixed. The rep at the dealer didn't seem to happy to do it though. He tried to tell me that glass isn't normally covered by warranty and made it sound like he was hooking me up by doing it. Then on top if it, he wanted me to pat him on the back and give him 100% on the survey!! "I will do this for you, but you have to give me 100%". I was shocked. I have worked in the customer service field before and you just don't ask (or demand)people to give you good marks. You earn them by providing excellent customer service and/or exceeding expectations. I guess I should have checked out what it would be like to service my truck at that dealership before I bought there. I guess I can always take it to a different one next time! On top of that, when they called to tell me it was complete, they reiterated that we need to give them 100% on the survey...
Old 10-02-2004, 09:11 AM

cga97,

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

As far as the survey goes, just be honest. Anyone that "asks" for a 100% probably didn't EARN it. I'll never forget what one of my college instructors told me one time, if you give someone a 100%, that means there's no room for improvement, and there's always room for improvement.(Especially for someone that has to ask for a 100%) There are a lot of good dealers out there, but I also believe there are a bunch more, shall I say, shady dealers & factory reps out there too.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed, that's the main thing.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:30 AM

And it is narrow minded on the company's managment to expect 100%, 100% of the time. It is un realistic, not everyone lives in a fanasty would. Not everyone thinks in "excellent" terms.

good thing the dealer fixed it for you. I had a problem with both of my 01's, both of them had cracked windshields. They both got cracked when the body twisted, almost like driving over a curb at an angle. Never saw the crack actually begin, but how often can you get two windshields to crack across the half of the bottom half straight across without even so much as a ding mark from a rock. Never saw any rock chips in the hood, so does this mean that DC paint job is more stable than the windshield?

I was past 12k both times.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:54 AM

I had my passenger side read door window shatter and fall into my son's lap at 11k. The dealer replaced it at no cost. What a mess, it broke into tiny pieces.

Mike
Old 10-03-2004, 10:46 AM

One minor flaw or nick when conditions are right and bang! Every now and then back glasses with rear defrost turned on and BOOM its gone into little pieces.Known folkes to leave them warming up on a cold morning and go back in the house.Come back out to find back glass shattered. If under the warranty no way to say it did or did not have a chip,just warranty it and be done.Every year always got the one or two in that this happened to.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:50 PM

I agree with Supergewl about the cabin vents. I also never turn my vent selection to "off", but rather make sure it is on some combination of defrost/dash/floor. I know it vents back through under pressure, because I have seen grass seed puff up off the base of the windshield when closing my doors.