3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Rear Wheel Well Covers / Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Wheel Well Covers / Mud Flaps

Since I was new to Dodge, I wasn't aware that there were rear wheel well covers in previous years, but not the '03's. I just bought a pair and installed them (20 min.) and they really look great! I suggest that you try to negotiate these into the deal if you purchase an '03. I also bought and installed the molded front and rear mud flaps to protect the paint since I don't want runningboards. Took about 45 minutes and you will need a right-angle drill motor unless you remove the front wheels.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:00 PM

Re:Rear Wheel Well Covers / Mud Flaps

Had those done myself the other day (rear wheel liners, Mopar part #82207367)<br><br>What surprised me is dealer took out the old one (only covered the back half of the rear wheel well) and put in a one piece replacement. I thought they were gonna install a front piece to go with the rear 1/2 piece.<br><br>Really like the new look with the one piece wheel well liner, well worth the $71 installed ;D<br><br>And, the dealers prep guy said &quot;when you dress the tires, just dress the wheel liner with the same stuff, will make it look great&quot;<br><br>Happy Hunter
Old 11-21-2002, 05:16 AM

Yeah - those &quot;wheel house&quot; liners (the official Dodge label) should be stock. I whined enough when ordering my truck that the dealer threw 'em in on the deal. As noted, they're easy to install - I put mine in over the old 1/2 liners, gives 'em a solid foundation.<br><br>Now I won't have as much ice/snow melting inside my garage this Winter. ;D<br><br>My dealer is getting so many requests for the liners they're stocking them now.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 11-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I attached a pic of my flappy thingys for a dually. They are from the dealer - - $35. Very heavy duty, not too noticable. Nice Ram molded in. I found I could install them without taking wheels off as per instructions. Made most of my drilling from the rear side of the fender after measuring it out. I was NOT going to take the wheels off for something this simple. :P I was not thrilled with the attachment devices - - used most of them, but had to improvise on a couple. After looking around, I felt the quality of these was better than what I was finding. Fit exactly as instructed.<br><br>Flappin'Bob
Old 11-23-2002, 02:33 PM

;D Big thumbs up, Bob. ;D
Old 12-12-2002, 07:28 PM

[quote author=blownbanana link=board=17;threadid=7342;start=0#70329 date=1037850694]<br>Since I was new to Dodge, I wasn't aware that there were rear wheel well covers in previous years, but not the '03's. I just bought a pair and installed them (20 min.) and they really look great! I suggest that you try to negotiate these into the deal if you purchase an '03. I also bought and installed the molded front and rear mud flaps to protect the paint since I don't want runningboards. Took about 45 minutes and you will need a right-angle drill motor unless you remove the front wheels.<br><br>Yeah isn't it great that we pay more money and get less truck?? Instead of the angle drill I just turned the front wheels to the extreem lock position and used a regular drill at a very slight angle. It worked out well. Jeff<br>[/quote]
Old 12-12-2002, 10:02 PM
jet

I'm waiting for the Husky 03 molded dually flaps. They are pretty sweet. Not out yet.