3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

ram 0 volvo suv 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ram 0 volvo suv 1

well i just got around to testing the bumper out today , some dumb lady couldnt stop 4 a stop sign due to weather,she didnt stop 4 the sign ,so i didnt use the brakes.a nice lil hit but i had more damage figure that out. she needs a tail light,i need a quarter panel, poss hood ,bumper time for buckstop head light assemble,plus paint ,and what ever else i cant see . goin to body shop in morning to find out more
Old 03-01-2005, 06:53 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident. I assume no one was hurt since you only mention property damage. Was snow or low viz involved? Where I live in NC, we had a 5 incher yesterday of the wettest heaviest snow I can remember. Temp was at 32 even, so the bottom layer was slush instead of frozen, until the moisture moved north-east toward you and the temps plummeted. Then it froze solid to everything. Loose snow scrapes easily, not so after it turns to liquid and refreezes. Lots of slick areas today.
Keep us posted about the repair progress.
Nat
Old 03-01-2005, 01:03 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck. Your truck really needs all that, and she needs a tailight? I guess I am buying the wife a Volvo.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seen a Volvo wagon that hit a deer. The hole front end was gone. Looked like it hit another car head on. Made me think it was made from recycled pop cans.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by bkrukow
I seen a Volvo wagon that hit a deer. The hole front end was gone. Looked like it hit another car head on. Made me think it was made from recycled pop cans.
But how was the passenger cabin? They're designed to spread out the impact and keep the cabin intact. Still, I'm surprised a deer could do that much damage.

After a drunk in an 89 F150 took out my wife's Sunbird and damaged three other vehicles, we bought an S70.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you're OK. Take two asprin and order a Reunel.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:31 AM

oh i saw her alright it was just too much ice/snow for her,also bent frame i found that out today the good thing i got my buckstop on the way i ordered it today
Old 03-06-2005, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just bumped a late model Firebird at a 4-way stop and no damage at all to his 5 mph bumper but put a real nice dent in my front chrome bumper. I'm embarrassed and bummed that my big bad truck got it's lunch handed to it. Glad too that I didn't have to pay for any repairs on his car. Truck's first dent, now it's time to move on.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:01 PM

These trucks may be big. But run them into something and they will bend. Volvo and alot of other companies have bumpers capable of sustain 5 mph + hits without any damage. The same cannot be said for our trucks. The chrome bumpers are thin and wimpy. Again Dodge is trying to cut cost just like everyone else. My guess is that Ford and Chevy would be similar.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:05 PM

If the frame is bent are they going to write it off??
Old 03-08-2005, 09:34 PM

My wife hit a deer doing 45 in an 04 Durango and with her voice as shakey as it was I figured the Dodge was done for. I showed up and did not notice anything at first. But all that had happened was the front bumper broke away from the driver side fender, the front grill was smashed and the fog light in the drivers side blew out. What amazed me is that there was no damage to the radiator or the fender. (which is actaully amazing since the Hemi is shoved in there very tight) I think it helped she had the tow hooks on the front. I feel they took most of the force.

Just around a grand in damage to include the paint. The Dodge engineers did something right on that design. The bumper actually has three different layers, the outer skin, the middle which seemd to be a hard palstic and then a metal piece. Which all had to be replaced.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by 12PACK
But how was the passenger cabin? They're designed to spread out the impact and keep the cabin intact. Still, I'm surprised a deer could do that much damage.
I dident look real close. I just heard abought it at work and drove buy the body shop and seen it sitting there. A person at work seen it first hand as was talking abought it that morning. They said they couldent balive the damage done to the car over a deer. The body shop it wound up getting towed to is only a couple blocks from where we work. I would hope the pasenger compartment was untouched from mearly a deer. I cant imagine what it would have looked like if the deer would have been a car. I realize that thats the point of crumple zones but if a 150 pound deer did that much damage I cant emagine theres enough crumple zone to do any good against anouther car. It apeared as if the deer used up most of it.