3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Qzilla Commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qzilla Commander

Finished installing my new Quadzilla Commander this weekend. Great package! Everything went well and I only had to probe the wires for the injection pressure. Mounted the display on a fabricated bracket, below the radio (beside the 4 x 4 switch). Did not want to drill holes in the dash in a new truck yet. Also used the trans cooling line hose with the temperature adapter well. I have a question on the commander screen setup-when I set up four readings on the first screen, the same four readings show in all of the screens. In order to get the last two readings, I have to program the two and then they show all screens (I lose the first four). What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
David
Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 AM

I am buying This unit also how long did it take you? Is it verry easy I am not the best with Tech stuff.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Big T-If you a gauge person that likes many gauges, I would not recommend using it. However, if you like things in one neat package, its just the ticket. It took me about 4 combined hours. I took the time to tie everything up neat and experiment with connections. I added another test port on the IP to check the gauge, and used the trans test port first. Did not like that and ordered the coolant line with the port for the trans temperature. You do have to drill and tap the exhaust manifold. I greased the drill bits and drilled with the engine idling and the tailpipe partially blocked. Worked great-blew everything in my face (including hot grease....). I also ended up using the middle wire in the plug for the IP pressure reading. As I recall, the wire is brown with a white stripe-I can check if necessary. The wiring connections that come with the kit are good, but I might solder in the future to prevent problems. Bottom line, I would buy again if I had to. People here are a great resource with answers if you need help. Good luck anyway you go!
David
Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by dangier
I have a question on the commander screen setup-when I set up four readings on the first screen, the same four readings show in all of the screens. In order to get the last two readings, I have to program the two and then they show all screens (I lose the first four). What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
David
I'm lost, What last 2 readings are you talking bout?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Awesome product and first class customer service!!!

WHen you check the monitor to put all four you should click on four settings and then go into the screen that asks you where and what you want.. Like top left, bottom left, top right and bottom right. Then when done you should have all four readings?? But I am kinda lost from your post too..

Shane
Old 04-23-2007, 02:47 PM

Guys,
The Commander is able to show EGT, engine temp, boost, trans temp, fuel, and injection press. With the ability to show only four readings at a time from the above, I was under the impression that reading #5 and #6 (however it is setup) would be on a next screen you could scroll to. Is this even possible? Would make sense to not have to stop and set things back up to see a reading that is not on the screen. You should just be able to hit arrow down and flip to the next screen (with two readings). Is this dreaming?
Thanks,
David
Old 04-23-2007, 02:50 PM

One added thought-I have the optional fuel pressure(s) monitoring capability. This accounts for the additional two readings I am talking about.
Thanks,
David
Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Nope, The commander will only read 4 settings at a time. To read the other two you have to get rid of two!! That why I have this... There is a total of 9 items monitored at once!!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Anyone know what the levels (0, 1, 2, 3), are that you can scroll through then? I guess I incorrectly ASSUMED (Yea, I know what that means....), they were different viewing screens. Oh well, still like the product.
Thanks for the information.
David
Old 04-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Nope, The commander will only read 4 settings at a time. To read the other two you have to get rid of two!! That why I have this... There is a total of 9 items monitored at once!!

geeeeez shane. you didnt fly planes at 1 time did you?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM

...I was wondering the same thing-fly planes or drive a tank! That is the look I am trying to stay away from.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
geeeeez shane. you didnt fly planes at 1 time did you?
No, I just have guage envy!!!! My fiance says I have enough guages to measure the barometric pressure in spain Oh well a guage is cheaper than most parts!!!

Shane
Old 04-23-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by dangier
Anyone know what the levels (0, 1, 2, 3), are that you can scroll through then? I guess I incorrectly ASSUMED (Yea, I know what that means....), they were different viewing screens. Oh well, still like the product.
Thanks for the information.
David
THose are the setting for the power module if you have one installed. Like on mine, I have the Quad standard power module, and using the middle two buttons, I can change the power level on the fly. The level shows as 0, 1, 2, and 3.
I believe you can control other manufacturer's modules as well with an adapter cable from Quadzilla.
I like my setup and have heard that Quad is in the development stages for more features added in to the Commander, such as turbo cool down.

ben
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Shane-Not that there is anything wrong with having them gauges.....
David
Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM

imaybail-Thanks for the info. Probably will be awhile on a power box. Nice to know what options are available. (crawls back into cave).
David

Quick Reply: Qzilla Commander