3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Pyro Probe Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i thought that it was kinda understood that the post turbo egts are monitored for the shutdown process of the truck and that there is a general time frame that they egts would be lowered enough to safely shut the truck off.

I just dont see the point in wasting any money on a guage to monitor post turbo egt's just to know when to shut the truck off. i have heard many people same that usually within a 3 minute time frame, when running hard, the egts have cooled enough to shut down the truck. so if you know you have been running it hard just wait the few minutes so you know its cooled down and be done with it. I dont see the need to have a expensive probe, gauge, wiring, etc....to tell me when to shut down. just from reading on alot of forums you can get a good idea of how long to wait before shutdown if your running it hard or just driving normal. so just go with those as save some money.

hopefully did confuse anyone there. a little off subject by hey, i started the tread....hahaha!

thanks for all the help guys!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:08 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Rollin' Smoke;1514171]well i thought that it was kinda understood that the post turbo egts are monitored for the shutdown process of the truck and that there is a general time frame that they egts would be lowered enough to safely shut the truck off.

I just dont see the point in wasting any money on a guage to monitor post turbo egt's just to know when to shut the truck off. i have heard many people same that usually within a 3 minute time frame, when running hard, the egts have cooled enough to shut down the truck. so if you know you have been running it hard just wait the few minutes so you know its cooled down and be done with it. I dont see the need to have a expensive probe, gauge, wiring, etc....to tell me when to shut down. just from reading on alot of forums you can get a good idea of how long to wait before shutdown if your running it hard or just driving normal. so just go with those as save some money.

Exactly. Well said.

Wetspirit
Old 05-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wetspirit
and tapping cast iron is a sob. 4 beer later and a little bit of swearing and it was done

What was the hard part? Seemed very straight forward and easy.

Wetspirit[/QUOTE]

For some reason the tap didn't want to bite and start threading. It kept kicking out everything it would start to bite. You would get about a half a turn and thats it.