3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

putting a center console in an 03-05

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
putting a center console in an 03-05

Truck was broken into the other night, but this has woken me up to the security of these trucks. I knew i didnt have a lockable means of keeping stuff, but i was also that guy who said it would never happen to them.

Is there a way to put the 06 storage compartment between the two front seats in the 03-05 trucks? I would love that lockable storage bin from Geno's in my truck to keep stuff locked away.

I dont want the backseat one bcuz i have too much bulky stuff back there and dont want to loose the room. I dont keep anything back there that cant be replaced.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:32 PM

The only thing I can think of is Tuffy security products. They have some really nice stuff. Hope you get every thing worked out.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just put a console vault in my '04. Goes in under the center front seat and can have a key lock or combo lock. It's a well made piece of heavy steel. You can get them direct or from Genos Garage.

It could be defeated, but it would take time and power tools to do so.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Raspy
I just put a console vault in my '04. Goes in under the center front seat and can have a key lock or combo lock. It's a well made piece of heavy steel. You can get them direct or from Genos Garage.

It could be defeated, but it would take time and power tools to do so.
i saw that on genos, does that replace the jump seat? because my center seat there has no storage access, its just a seat. i saw on ebay that the 1500 came with a storage compartment there. i am going to search some junk yards for one.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the 40-20-40 seat setup that has the folding center seat. The one that drops the center seat backrest down to become a center console with its own lid. If I tilt the back up and lift the bottom of the seat there is a storage compartment under it, sort of hidden there. The vault goes in this space after a couple of screws are removed. It fits well, uses all the room and is pretty strong. I got the combo lock. Great for guns, binoculars and money. What else is there?

You can get them from a couple of different sources. Genos was out of the combo lock type but had the lowest price I found. Another place (can't remember the name) matched the price and had them in stock.

Looks to me like it would take a sawzall to cut the locking bolt and break in. And only then if they found the vault, had a good enough blade, the time and were quiet.

PS. Look closer. You might find a hidden compartment in your own truck!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 PM

mine doesnt have that storage compartment. Im looking in junkyards to find one, so far i can only find it on Ebay for $200, little pricey for me, but i dont need it right now so i will keep looking.