3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Put in my order last Thursday!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Put in my order last Thursday!!

Dealseaker, You probably getting one of those St. Louis Rams. Nevada's probably gettin the bilingual version.
Old 11-29-2002, 02:40 PM

Sierra Phil-

Tienes razon, ojala que mi camionetta vienne muy pronto!

Cheers

BTW I don't spell any better in Spanish than I do in English. I'm sure that Jack is working on the bilingual spell checker for those of us with VIN #'s that start with 3.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:14 AM

Congtrats On Truck order I ordered mine in Oct And called dealer to see where it is on the line On nov/27 it was BX Checked with him on Dec/2 And was told plant now shut down for christmas does not expect my truck till end of Jan or start of Feb. DC sure knows how to loss sales in a big hurry.<br>Dealer sugested I look around to see if I can Locate one locally and he would procure for me :'( :'( :'(<br><br>GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS
Old 12-03-2002, 11:01 AM

TextJerry; I also called on Monday, 12/02 and was told my truck &quot;should be built sometime later this week&quot; and to check back Friday. Ordered 9/30/02 - was D1 when I checked on 11/22. <br>It gets disgusting to be told different and conflicting stories all the time, but hang in there buddy, get the vehicle you ordered to get the options you want.<br>As for the plant being shut doun for Christmas, that's BS. I asked them about this same rumor about 7-10 days ago and was told they shut down for 2 days only (Christmas eve. &amp; Christmas day) and that the assembly lines were going full blast to catch up on orders. <br>As a former UAW auto worker, I know if they shut down in the US, workers are paid at least 90 % of regular 'take home' pay. I am not sure about the workers in Mexico. No way is DC going to shut down and still have to pay employees to stay home. Maybe someone else knows how many days the Mexican auto workers get off for the holidays and fill us in.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:24 AM

[quote author=CAKUZ link=board=17;threadid=7591;start=15#75046 date=1038934867]<br>TextJerry; I also called on Monday, 12/02 and was told my truck &quot;should be built sometime later this week&quot; and to check back Friday. Ordered 9/30/02 - was D1 when I checked on 11/22. <br>It gets disgusting to be told different and conflicting stories all the time, but hang in there buddy, get the vehicle you ordered to get the options you want.<br>As for the plant being shut doun for Christmas, that's BS. I asked them about this same rumor about 7-10 days ago and was told they shut down for 2 days only (Christmas eve. &amp; Christmas day) and that the assembly lines were going full blast to catch up on orders. <br>As a former UAW auto worker, I know if they shut down in the US, workers are paid at least 90 % of regular 'take home' pay. I am not sure about the workers in Mexico. No way is DC going to shut down and still have to pay employees to stay home. Maybe someone else knows how many days the Mexican auto workers get off for the holidays and fill us in.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Weird that I ordered about the same truck on the same day but mine was shipped on the 11th of Noveber last I check, dealer still waiting for it to come into Belvidier to be trucked to him.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:35 AM

Sounds like gerryz's dealer has been singin the &quot;Twelve Days of Christmas&quot; too much with a Scotch on the rocks in his hands. Too early for him to start celebratin. <br>I do believe the Saltillo Plant has a couple of extra holidays in December, Holy Days, not the whole month.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't forget them thar siestas.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:50 PM

Gerry, I did some searching for you I found three trucks down here in the Kansas city zone. 1 was in Kansas and 2 were in Oklahoma. Neither one was exactly what you want. I looked in just about all the other zones and found absolutely zilch. Your dealer should be able to locate one for you in canada, I can't believe he told you to look yourself. It would take him like 2 minutes to see if any exist up there. I wish my locater worked in Canada but it doesn't so there's not much I can do for you. :-[
Old 12-03-2002, 01:44 PM

Gerryz, I think you should follow your dealer's suggestion and find one yourself...and then buy it where you find it ! You can use the &quot;inventory search&quot; feature on the Dodge website. Which City of Champions dealer are you using?
Old 12-04-2002, 08:52 AM

The dealer in Edm is St Albert Chry But I have Located 2 in Edm 1 is a 3500 2wh Larime 305hp/6 sp Full load and has a lot extras which come in larime pkg. like leather, dual air etc 54,000.00<br> and the other 2500 2wh larime 250hp/auto again larime pkg. dual air and leather 49898.00. both have slate int. but ext color Lt. Almond. There is alot more equipment in these than I wanted and alot higher dollars too! The one I ordered was 305hp/6sp Slt model Lt almond,taupe int. So now I have to figure out what to do WAIT or try to deal on one of these or keep looking NOT TOO MANY 2 WH IN EDM. all dealers seem to have 4wh and I have one now in 1/2 ton and never used it once just haul it around I only use truck to pull 5er <br>Thanks guys Have a nice day
Old 12-04-2002, 10:05 PM

gerryz<br><br>Just kick back and relax, your dealer wants an &quot;instant' commission and sale. You might check another dealer, and ask about ordering a vehicle or wait while your dealer screws with you more about plant closures etc.<br><br>I woulda dumped your dealer a long time ago<br><br>Good luck<br><br>Hunter
Old 12-10-2002, 10:21 AM

Thanks to all who replied I am still holding in there!!! But I sure get upset when you get conflecting stories from the dealer. You All Have A Nice Day