3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patriot, does it look like you can split them open and get that amber reflector out of thier? Deal ond the bay for head and tail lights I think I'm going for it. This sites putting me in the poor house!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by PatriotBlu
Hi Vince! I think the covers are plastic -- need to double check. The only thing I can say in response to your concerns is that this is a $150 part and if the quality is not up to your liking, the investment isn't so great that you're out a ton of $$$. H1 bulbs, in and of themselves, are not as robust as the larger 900x series. They're just an old / small design whose advantage is the fact that they're so compact. For example, Sylvania SilverStars in the H1 format are quite troublesome but some of their other bulb sizes last very long. Can't really tell you much else. I guess you just need to decide.... Thanks for the reply!!!
Yeah that is true that I wouldnt be out a lot of money and I dont really think there are many better options out there cause they do look good. I just wish they would have went with other bulbs but maybe I am off and it isnt the bulbs at all maybe it was due to some moisture problems that I had with my own which I kind of thought was due to the fact that all you have is a rubber push on boot?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lundee
Patriot, does it look like you can split them open and get that amber reflector out of thier? Deal ond the bay for head and tail lights I think I'm going for it. This sites putting me in the poor house!
Funny you should ask about the amber reflector. I had ordered these (see the link at the top of the thread) off eBay because they said they were the European type and the picture was WITHOUT the amber reflector. After installing them, I'm glad that they have it after all. I can't quite explain it but it just seems a 3/4 ton truck should have amber (forgetting the DOT requirements) and it looks better. I thought I'd like them better w/o any amber but I do like it.

To your question -- no -- I have not checked to see if it can be removed. I know that the ones that don't have it still have a reflector there, however. It's just white / clear. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if it appears to be removable -- most likely is.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vinceg99
Yeah that is true that I wouldnt be out a lot of money and I dont really think there are many better options out there cause they do look good. I just wish they would have went with other bulbs but maybe I am off and it isnt the bulbs at all maybe it was due to some moisture problems that I had with my own which I kind of thought was due to the fact that all you have is a rubber push on boot?
H1 bulbs are temperamental. So if they were after market H1 bulbs, it's not surprising they failed. After market or high wattage "white / blue" H1 bulbs are troublesome. Even if stockers, they can be a problem. I always wipe mine down with a lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol before installing them -- even if I don't touch the glass.....
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM

A quick question...

Do these plug into the Stock headlight sockets or do you have to cut the wires and re-wire the headlights in to split them????

They Sure do look Great on your truck!!!!!

Gerry
Old 04-22-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by gerry
A quick question...

Do these plug into the Stock headlight sockets or do you have to cut the wires and re-wire the headlights in to split them????

They Sure do look Great on your truck!!!!!

Gerry
Gerry,

Go back and read the whole thread. Just kidding! It does explain though that the headlights have the 9007 socket on them (if you go to the first page you'll see the pics) and they split off the high and low beams....

Thanks re: the look.

-Jay
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 PM

OK I thought I saw the socket in the picture but was not sure if you were speaking about the Socket in the headlight assembly that limited the type of bulb or the wiring..

One of my worries with any vehicle is the wiring.. I have had my troubles with modifying the harness in a previous truck and seeing the clusters of thousands of wires in this one I want to keep the factory stuff all stock..

It really pained me to splice into the dimmer wire for my gauges.. I almost just left them dark.. but figured OK solder and heat shrink in 1 spot won't hurt to much..

Thanks for the reply.. those look awesome I think those go on the list after my Mag hytec diff covers...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by gerry
OK I thought I saw the socket in the picture but was not sure if you were speaking about the Socket in the headlight assembly that limited the type of bulb or the wiring..

One of my worries with any vehicle is the wiring.. I have had my troubles with modifying the harness in a previous truck and seeing the clusters of thousands of wires in this one I want to keep the factory stuff all stock..

It really pained me to splice into the dimmer wire for my gauges.. I almost just left them dark.. but figured OK solder and heat shrink in 1 spot won't hurt to much..

Thanks for the reply.. those look awesome I think those go on the list after my Mag hytec diff covers...
If you don't hook up the Angel Eyes (rings) or the LED's, there is no custom wiring necessary at all. Just plug and play. If you do, then you'll only have to splice into the parking lights. If you pull the connector to the 3157 / 4157 amber turn signal bulb, the black wire is the ground and the CENTER WIRE is the parking lights. The outer wire is the turn signal. This will make sense when you look at the wiring. But again, this is 100% optional!!!

I posted it earlier in this thread but it's probably worth it to post it again. Have a look at this:

http://www.mytightride.com/dodge-ram...eadlights.html

It's not that bad to do. The hard part is deciding what connectors to buy and making it look professional. I took my time and did it nicely so that if someone pulled the lights it would be cool to see what's back there......
Old 04-23-2007, 04:49 PM

I got an e-mail saying they shipped mine on Saturday, but the tracking number they gave me doesn't work, looks like it is 5 numbers short, so who knows when they will get here, and they haven't answered my e-mail about it. I am getting antsy, wanna install these bad boys.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Those headlights look GREAT. I found some on Ebay from a 06 SRT10. Little pricey though, and I dont think they are the same as what you got. Im lookin though. I really like that setup.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 PM

Checking out e-bay I just came across this package. Same type headlights, but with LED tailights....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-0...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by CrashCade
Checking out e-bay I just came across this package. Same type headlights, but with LED tailights....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-0...QQcmdZViewItem
Those headlights are black. Otherwise, they appear to be the same.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:22 AM

Mine are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be a long day at work today, I want to run home with these and start installing them!!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 02:54 PM

Hey Jay,
I noticed today that the rubber strips on mine came off the lenses and I was wondering if yours did the same? I am going to use some 5 minute epoxy to refasten them.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rob C
Hey Jay,
I noticed today that the rubber strips on mine came off the lenses and I was wondering if yours did the same? I am going to use some 5 minute epoxy to refasten them.
Yes! That's the only quality issue I could find. I haven't dealt with it yet -- they're just dangling by the plastic fasteners at the top for now. I was thinking more of the lines of a rubber cement or a 3m adhesive of sort. Epoxy seems pretty aggressive but will definitely work. Let me know how you make out!

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS