3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS

Cheapie Projector Headlights off eBay came in via FedEx ground.

Packaging:

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

High Beam:

Projector:

Bad News:

Not sure what this means yet. Both sides take H1 bulbs so I don't know why an aftermarket H1 kit wouldn't work. The only thought I have is that a) heat issue for the angel eyes (note they mention the rings on the same sticker) or b) the depth of the hid bulb will hit the back of the projector. I'll get to the bottom of it though.

Angel Eyes Wiring -- To be spliced in with parking lights:

Low and High beam 9007 connector -- converts nicely to seperate H1 Bulbs:

LED Wiring -- To be spliced in with parking lights (not too keen on stupid led's though):

Hope this provides some insights into these without having to drop the $150 after shipping to see them for yourself.

Overall impression is that for a "made in Taiwan" product, the quality is quite nice. I'm curious how the fitment is going to be. That's where I've heard these cheapish lighting upgrades come up short....

Will get to work on the install either tonight or tomorrow and post more pics.... Adjusting them is a bear because the adjustments are on the back of the unit and they're removed from the front. So you have to tweak them, then slide them in and then check and then tweak, slide and check, etc.... until you're happy.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 PM

I have to say I like the angel eyes
Old 04-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Angry Why HID bulbs won't work.

After further analysis, it becomes clear why aftermarket HID bulbs won't work. They've sabotaged them by making a proprietary opening!

Have a look:

The opening is very small and has a rectangular shape that's only large enough for traditional halogen H1 bulbs.

The "BAR" that has to face down which comes with true HID bulbs can't be positioned where it needs to be. They did this same treatment to the high beams too.

On a positive note, the projectors have a very sharp "cutoff" with the typical european mild step-notch 1/2 way across. If you've ever seen projector HID's lit up against a wall, you know what I'm referring to.

These are apparently DOT approved. My guess is to sell them legally, they had to make them hard for the "illegal HID upgrades" to utilize these projectors....

Very high quality aftermarket H1 bulbs are an option. But knowing me, it's only a matter of time before I drill one of these out and see if I can't get the bulb in there!!! The assembly seems to come apart starting with the glass on the front.

My guess, using regular 55w halogen bulbs, these headlights are still a big improvement over the factory 2003 - 2005 reflectors...

Will know shortly.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Can't wait to see the finished product. Thinking of doing this myself.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SAME HERE nice looking lens I want to see before and after pics of the truck!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:50 PM

those would look great in my 2004.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:26 PM

really good post and pictures...I hope it all goes smoothly...post some shots!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Definately post pics of the install and finished product and nightime!!! Looks live a good upgrade..

Shane
Old 04-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NIce work.... I wish us 06+ guys had some more headlight options
Old 04-14-2007, 08:15 PM

Now, does anyone know of upgrades available (GE Nighthawk or Sylvania Silverstars) for the H13 bulbs found in the 07's? I know they're not on the shelves at the establishments I've checked.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 AM

Thanks guys. Went out Country Western Danc'n for the evening and had to suspend operations...

Will post back tomorrow with the finished look. I did get one of them in place and hooked up just to check. Totally changes the look of the truck -- pretty slick...
Old 04-15-2007, 07:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Curious to see how well they work also. Personally I would not even bother hooking up the LED 'Bling' lights.

MikeyB
Old 04-15-2007, 07:39 AM

I really like the look. Bet they give the truck a totally different look. Other than splicing the wires for the angel eyes into the park lights, Do the head lights just plug in ? Keep us posted.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Curious to see how well they work also. Personally I would not even bother hooking up the LED 'Bling' lights.

MikeyB
Hey MikeyB -- I'm kinda with you.... So I had a thought -- I might wire them into the turn signal instead of the park lights.... Depending on the color of the LED's that might be cool. Also, they're easy to replace so if they're not amber, they sure can become amber..... Just a thought.

Working on finishing up today....
Old 04-15-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by PZM123
I really like the look. Bet they give the truck a totally different look. Other than splicing the wires for the angel eyes into the park lights, Do the head lights just plug in ? Keep us posted.
Yes -- As a matter of fact -- just to test them that's what I did. I bundled up the "bling bling" wires and then just plugged and played w/o the angels or the led's...

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights off ebay Arrived -- PICS