3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Pre-Delivery Inspection...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also had another problem with this local dealership. I had a stitch that had come loose from the passenger leather seat. They were scheduling an appointment and entering the information in their computer when the tech states I see you did not purchase here and we can not take care of this here. You will have to take it to your selling dealer and the service manager states the same. I e-mailed DC customer service and they stated dealerships are independently owned franchises and set their own sales and service policies. We can't force them to perform warranty repairs. So much for the any dealership can do warranty work. I called my selling dealer service manager and he told me to try a different dealer and if they wouldn't fix it take it to an auto upholstery shop and send him the bill. I took it to a different dealer and they took care of it. I have since used this dealership for warranty repairs. Filter minder replacement, alternator bracket replacement, injection pump replacement, fan shroud replaced due to being broken when injection pump replaced and lastly radiator replaced due to having the lower shroud mount being broken off when the shroud was replaced. Did I mention the condensor fins getting kicked in and the scratches on the painted front sport bumper and front fender? I took care of the scratches myself with some clearcoat polishing compound followed with some wax. The service manager himself straightened the condensor fins and did the best he could. I am not angry with him at all. He stepped up to the plate and took care of all of the damaged items. Anyone else have any rosey service experiences? Life is good!
Old 04-03-2004, 02:35 PM

They DO NOT make their own service policys like that.The warranty is at all D.C. dealers.I have seen a REP give a dealer a big DO WHAT and said it WILL BE FIXED HERE! They can lose a franchise over that kinda stuff.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:17 PM

Amen to your post, Hounddog ! Jonesey, I would expect that reply from some of the dealer's, but certainly not from DC customer service rep's...man what a bunch of Bull crap they fed out. Bish777, man, let's hope none of the dealers come to our site and read our posts, they just may believe what you posted on the PDI procedure.
Couldn't you just picture them doing that ??
Old 04-04-2004, 09:23 AM

You got to understand the D.C. customer service folks at the 1800-992-1997 number are not the most skilled.All they really are is a buffer and message center.On issues like paint and Warranty concerning some of these topics you need to hit them and a SERVICE MANAGER at a dealer for a meeting or phone conversaion with the FIELD REP.In the old days Dealers some dealers didn't like doing warranty on auto/trucks they didn't sell because of CASH FLO.They paid techs and paid for parts,had to file a claim and WAIT for approvals and moneys,took weeks.A dealer with poor cash flo had a hard time staying ahead.NOW if his in house warranty clerk submits it all correctly its done electronicly and happens from a few hours or a couple of days.Dealers also depending on their volume of service business get a monthly ADVANCE into their accounts.They get a 40% markup on parts and their approved houly rate(say $68.50 per flat rate hour)if a tsb pays .8 to do its .8 x 68.50 and even a 40%markup on the STICKER that goes under the hood etc.The Datsun/Nissan I was at 15 years 9% of TOTAL work done in the shop was warranty,rest was CUSTOMER PAY.Had 25 techs or so.The D.C.dealer I was at about 20% was warranty and rest was customer pay.Had 35 techs or so.The parent G.M.dealer (that also owned the Nissan dealer)had 60 plus techs and warranty was again about 20% of total service volume.Unless it was a REAL NASTY situstion we NEVER TURNED ANY WARRANTY DOWN no matter WERE it was sold etc.It was ALL MONEY AND CASH FLO.Only stickly claims had to be held for the FIELD REP to sign off on and if HE wanted 10 gallons of ice cream put in the backseat of a car he could AUTH.That and get it paid for.No rep that was worth his salt ever like paying for repairs down at a independent shop.Unless a off hours emergency(out of towner etc.)hisd job is to make money for the dealer,take care of a consumer and help the dealer collect their money etc.I also like to negoaitae out of warranty repairs by letting the manufacture buy PARTS(40% markup)and customer pay labor on big items like transmissions etc.The manufacture sold the part,dealer got his 40%markup and service got the labor.Lots of customers were cool with this also.Say a NORTHSTAR trans was $2400 and labor was $411.00 it made all partys happy.There were LOTS of wafys to make spits and deals in service to satisfiy all involved.Same for body shop.The D.C dealer I was at had a WONDERFUL body shop and MANAGER.MOST all warranty work done was G.M. and Fords from nerby dealers who DIDN"T have a body shop.Very little warranty repairs on D.C.paint.Say many a BLACK FORD Truck or MUSTANG or SILVER CADDY getting 4k worth of OVERALL paint etc under warranty.The D.C. dealer paint work then was always better then FACTORY.manager was really picky.They had 20 some body men,3 painters and two state of the art paint booths and a HEATED drying room.Used state of the art paint and clear.As well as TWO state of the art frame racks.I 've seen less then 10k mileage wise Dodge DIESELS getting ENTIRE FRAMES replaced after a wreck with nary a recheck one after customer picked up.