3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Post up your Katzkin's or other non cloth interiors

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post up your Katzkin's or other non cloth interiors

Being that my truck wears many hats....Taxi, grocery getter, tow vehicle, trash bag, and is now 3+ years old, the seats have seen better days. I've been looking at getting a set of Katzkin's to cover up the stains, and give the interior a "new" look. Let see whats out there. I'm looking for more then just a set of seat covers... Show me what you have, how it's holding up, and how much did it lighten your wallet....
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I used Wet Okole Neoprene seat covers. They are neoprene covers with a nylon backing with some padding between the two layers. They have been great. Mine have about 200k on them and need to be replaced at this point. They have not really been taken care of at all. I have taken them off a couple times to clean them but that is it. Seats underneath still look brand new. They are waterproof which is good however if you ever spill a drink in your lap the seat will not soak it up which is good for the seat but your pants will soak it up. I think they need to be cleaned a couple times a year. If I had done that I think they would still look good. Mine have tree sap and all kinds of stuff on them that would have thoroughly trashed the seats otherwise. I would or will buy them again.

There is another brand of the same style called Coverking. (they also have other styles but have not seen or used them so no comment on the others)You can get them through Costco for cheaper. I am not sure they are quite as nice as the okoles but they are good. We have them in our little honda fit and they are holding up quite well however they dont see near the abuse the ones in the truck do.

http://www.wetokole.com/

http://www.gocoverking.com/coverking...FQubnAodbUKgiA
Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 PM

I really like my Marathon Super Hides. 100% water proof and tear proof. For my front bucket seats with back side storage pockets, console cover, and head rest covers they were $225.00 delivered to my door (if I remember correctly).

www.marathonseatcovers.com

I think this is the link, if not, just google them. They are in Montana and the customer service was first rate. If these ever wear out, I'd buy another set.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...hp?photo=23550

Here's a pic of mine.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Katskin Rawling edition

http://www.katzkin.com/_data/downloads/Rawlings.pdf

[IMG][/IMG]

Change the logo a bit

[IMG][/IMG]

It is going to look like that in a few months

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had these:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11044618

on the seats for about a year and am happy with them so far. One of the back seat attaching straps did fail (I put the seats up and down quite a bit due to having a dog riding in the back of the quad cab).

Seemed like the most bang for the buck at the time, plus Costco has a good return policy if you get them and don't like them.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:12 PM

I used Wet Okole Neoprene seat covers. They are neoprene covers with a nylon backing with some padding between the two layers. They have been great. Mine have about 200k on them and need to be replaced at this point. They have not really been taken care of at all. I have taken them off a couple times to clean them but that is it. Seats underneath still look brand new. They are waterproof which is good however if you ever spill a drink in your lap the seat will not soak it up which is good for the seat but your pants will soak it up
I thought about those but was told that they're not good for warmer climates(even more so then leather or leatherette).. being that it get 110+ here in the summer i avoided looking further into them... Any issues with sweat?

I really like my Marathon Super Hides. 100% water proof and tear proof. For my front bucket seats with back side storage pockets, console cover, and head rest covers they were $225.00 delivered to my door (if I remember correctly).
Thanks! I'm definitely going to keep those on my list...

Eddy, I saw the pictures of your katskin's in another post. That's what made me post this topic. Was hoping that more people would post pics of what they had so that i could compare...
By the way, your puppy is adorable!....

Thanks to everyone.... keep em coming!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddy Reyes
http://www.katzkin.com/_data/downloads/Rawlings.pdf

[IMG][/IMG]

Change the logo a bit

[IMG][/IMG]

It is going to look like that in a few months

[IMG][/IMG]
Those are really nice. Can you give us a run down on how you actually picked them out. Like material and stitching and options and about how much they ran you? I've looked on their website, and all the options confuse me and I don't really know what each one is. Also, how does it work when you get them? Do they send you the entire seats already done and you send yours back or what? Or do you have to send them yours and get em done? Sorry for all the questions, just didn't really know how you go about getting them.