3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Plow Mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plow Mount

I just bought a Meyers plow mount for my 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4. Has anyone else installed their own? I have installed a few mounts before and the directions for this one seem really general and don't seem to pertain to my specific year. Any tips to help this installation go smooth?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:15 PM

If it is the same as mine you are going to need to drop the bumper and remove the tow hooks and tow hook mounts. And you need to drill two holes in each frame rail for the kickers and put in the bolts with the tang that keeps it from rotating. The plow mount is nice but I did not use it I made my own that is the style of the Western ultramount. It just bolts on the nose of the frame with no kickers back to the frame. I kind of ended up with a Frankenplow but it works. One thing. I would buy a Painless to land the wires for power to the lights and plow. Also the headlights are straight forward but you need to splice into your turn signals so you need to take your headlight bucket out. Two bolts in front right by the side of the IC and one in the wheel well. Then you need to pull the housing off the ball socket in the top outside corner near where the corner of the bucket meets the fender. Before you pop it back on put a little grease on the ball or socket so it will come off easier next time. I have never seen a company that is so cheap with the use of grease. Oh yea, you need to take the IC loose to get the bumper bolts and bolt bar out. But they come out, be patient and put the in from the outside and put the nuts on the inside. Some pics:

If you want good directions go to the Western site.

http://westernplows.com/pdf/29097.00_091405.pdf

The mechanical directions for the Western are much better but follow the lighting instructions for the Meyers. You do need to drill the two holes for the Meyers kickers though. The kicker holes were the thing I did not like about the Meyers but a friend has one and it is just fine. Don't forget the Painless. I'm going to redo my lands with either a 3 or 7 circuit version from Genos.

Nothing like snowplow work in the heat of August to make it feel a little cooler.

Think snow!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:09 AM

I have the wire harness which shouldn't be so bad. I figured that the bumper needs to come off. My last Dodge was not this involved and ny GMC was an hour job This new mont is about as big as the whole front end of the truck! Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Wow! I just put the plow mount on this weekend. Not really that hard but the kit is more for an earlier year Dodge than my 06. I had to change some things on the rear mounting arms. I guess this is why they no longer want you putting older plows on new trucks.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 AM

Good Deal MM. I don't think they want you to put older plow mounts on newer truck because of the crumple zones and airbag operation.

Did you get the lighting all set up? Why do they send you a plug and play harness for the headlights and none for the marker lamps?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:58 PM

I didn't wire yet. The wiring from my 01 won't work?