3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

That place that sells Dodge trucks.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry That place that sells Dodge trucks.

Just traded for a new 06 last Thursday. That is where the fun stopped. Ordered an 06 2500 with the Lonestar package. Made sure it had Aluminum rims and tow mirrors. Picked it up no tow mirrors and chrome clad rims. Argued with managers and got that straightened out. Went to sign papers and they tried to raise apr 1 percent. Fought them and won that one as well. This morning I get up and have a check engine light. They have a chain of dealershipz so I call to have them check it out. (The 2 I dealt with were in Lake Jackson and Bay city.)They say bring it in after work. When I get there they say they are to busy come back Friday, and the guy is very rude. Ok I get home and the salesman calls and says not to bring it in tomorrow as planned for mirror & rim changeout because the company that was going to spray my bedliner and rocker panels through them were just to backed up. So now I cant put in my aux diesel tank or toolbox untill Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I had to rant so I wouldnt squish someones head like a grape. Please forgive me. Wouldnt you be angry as well?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:43 PM

I would be very upset, but then again that's part of the reason why I'll never buy new.

Good luck with that bud!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your new truck! Sorry for your dealer issues.

I have never quite understood why anybody needs to "order" a new truck though. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of trucks on the lots just waiting to be bought, especially here in Texas. You ordered yours and they still screwed it up. I wouldn't have taken delivery if the mirrors and wheels were not what you ORDERED!!

I just find a large dealer with lots of inventory and find my truck there. Test drive it and then make them give me the best price on it.

Again, good luck with it. Im sure they will eventually get it set it up like they were supposed to in the first place.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:10 AM

Never sign until everything ie the way you want it, once they get there $ the stealers attention span shortens by 99 %. my .02
Old 11-21-2006, 04:48 PM

I didnt actually order it. They didnt have what I wanted on the lot so they traded another dealer near san Antonio for it. I made them give me a written I.O.U. I am just bummed because I cant get it set up on my days off over Thanksgiving. I am lost without a toolbox on my truck.