3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

pics of line-x bedliner on the side?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics of line-x bedliner on the side?

I know this looks good on a white Ford. My dad had this done all down the side and up over his fenders. Looked really really good. It was accented with a cowl hood w/black stripe, black molding on the side and dark tinted windows. Does anybody have a picture of a 3rd gen with this done? Any color is all right, but if you have one of a white truck, that'd be the best. I'm wanting to do this, but I'm not for sure what all I should do to accent it or how it would look.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

Mine is done on the rockers and you can see it on top of the dually wheel wells.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM

You said you wanted a 3rd gen but mine is white so it might give you some kind of idea.
Thats mine. Lower panels, bed rails, toolbox and headache rack all sprayed..

Word of advice though if your seriously thinking about doing it to your truck, make sure you take it to a well recommended line-x dealer. In my area back home, we had 2 dealers, one did a poor job the other was above and beyond.
Ask around and see their previous jobs they have done. See how well their jobs hold up to age and wear. You can never be to cautious about doing something to your trucks body that is near permanent.
Make sure that before they spray the body that the area is well sanded. If not, when that paint under starts to peel, the liner is gonna peel right along with it. Also, make sure its sprayed on thick and that they spray well around the edges. If its to thin, itll peel and if an edge is vulnerable itll peel very easily too.
Just my honest opinion and personal experience.
Cant wait to see yours if/when its done.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Mine is done on the rockers and you can see it on top of the dually wheel wells.
nice dogs!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

Oh thanks her is a better one, and pics of the bedliner hahaha
Old 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So does that liner clean out good and shine after time? If so, that may be my route.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rip 112
So does that liner clean out good and shine after time? If so, that may be my route.
Not bad but I need to put some kind of tire shine on mine to bring it back out which I probably do every couple weeks.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:53 PM

nice place and boat!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wreedCTD
nice place and boat!
thanks my boat but my dad's place boat goes there because it fits in the garage
Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So whats the deal with you fake stacks???
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hobbz
So whats the deal with you fake stacks???
I put a diverter with a under neath exit on my truck so I woulden't get soot all over my boat so i can switch back and forth and when I have that on people follow me places get out of their car and ask why i have fake stacks some people are actually mad at me?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:51 PM

That third gen looks sweet! I want to do it to mine now. Does line-x only offer black?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM

You can get them also color matched to the rest of your truck if you can find a specific Line-X dealer that has the equipment and can do it. Not all the Line-X dealers do them. You have to go to the Line-X website and look for the premier dealer that does those jobs. I'm glad JD Dearden posted pictures of his because I have a silver mega-cab CTD and was thinking of doing the rocker panels in black and his pictures just confirmed that I am going to go ahead and get mine done in black. I don't know what you paid to have yours done but over here in OH I am looking about about 400-500 dollars. Mine is not a dually and I am thinking of adding black bushwacker fender flares. I just can't decide if I want to go with the OE style or pocket flares.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 PM

I'll check it out. Thanks for the idea guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AttilaTheHun
You can get them also color matched to the rest of your truck if you can find a specific Line-X dealer that has the equipment and can do it. Not all the Line-X dealers do them. You have to go to the Line-X website and look for the premier dealer that does those jobs. I'm glad JD Dearden posted pictures of his because I have a silver mega-cab CTD and was thinking of doing the rocker panels in black and his pictures just confirmed that I am going to go ahead and get mine done in black. I don't know what you paid to have yours done but over here in OH I am looking about about 400-500 dollars. Mine is not a dually and I am thinking of adding black bushwacker fender flares. I just can't decide if I want to go with the OE style or pocket flares.
It is the best thing for protecting the bottom of your truck, also one thing I wish I would have done along with the rockers is the door jams inside! also my stuff is reflex liner.

Quick Reply: pics of line-x bedliner on the side?