3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Perplexing A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Perplexing A/C problem

I have an strange A/C problem. My truck has the normal controls, not the dual zone like on the Laramie. I have had a problem with it cooling. On the driver side it will cool down to 34 degrees even on outside air. The problem is on the passenger side. It will change the temperature on the vent just to the right side of the radio. The temp cycles between cold and warm about every 2-3 minutes once the truck has been driven for a few miles. I dont know if the far vent is doing it because I cant reach it. I have had the freon checked and it is at the proper level. It also drains the condensation out very well too. I took it to the dealer on Tuesday and the tech rode with me. He felt the temp change like I did. It is like going from ice cold to outside air. He said there is nothing in there that he knows of that should cause this on the single contol system. He said drop it off today because they would have a change to call Dodge and get some answers. I am not tech but it seems to me that maybe a servo or someting like it is moving or hanging up changing the airflow/temp. Also something I noticed was under the hood. On the box where the drain hole is for the A/C the drain tube points straight out. I was wondering should it point down? It seems to me that air could be forced into it not letting it drain fully. I may be wrong. Just an observation. I would appreciate any input.----- Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chuck,
Sent PM.

MikeyB