3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Patience is a virtue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Patience is a virtue?

I've been reading this site for a while and just now got around to registering.

I wanted to start a thread tracking the progress (or actually the lack thereof) of my new truck. The background: I went back and forth on dodge/ford and ended up deciding on the dodge due to the engine. Then I pondered over every option in the book and on Feb 1, I told my salesman to make the order. I was told 4-10 weeks was typical waiting time. I knew from reading many threads on this forum of how long it would take so I tried to put it in the back of my mind and be patient.

Well a month goes by and I call the 1-800 number for a status check: The order hasn't been picked up yet. Ok

I end up calling about once a week, and after about early march I get concerned that the order still hasn't been picked up yet. I call my salesman and he looks it up on his computer and finds a ZA code (order canceled)!!!! He goes back to his POC and does some digging around.

Next week I call back making sure the status has changed. Nope. Late march now (8 weeks) and the order is still in limbo. Not sure what the problem is but I'm beginning to wonder what the heck is going on here...

When they say 4-10 weeks, is this from the order date or from the time that the order is picked up? When does dodge change the assembly line for the 07's. I do not want an 07. I have a car that I am waiting to sell/ trade for the truck so that I am not without a vehicle. I need to time the sale and purchase so that I'm not in a pinch.

Got to call them back this afternoon to see what the current status is...
I'm in the Huntsville, AL area.

BTW: The truck is an 06 Ram 3500 SLT QC LB SRW in Graphite with the sunroof, power sliding rear window, cd changer, sirius, 7 speaker sound system, thunder road pkg, 4x4, 6 speed, graphite 40/20/40 cloth, fold flat rear.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:25 PM

Just called the 1-800 # and they show that the order was not canceled and that it is still a valid order although it has not yet been picked up... Back to waiting...
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call the sales manager and explain your concerns....BUT BE NICE & PROFESSIONSAL. That seemed to be the ONLY way I could escalate anything to get an answer.

See this thread. Is seems that ordering is VERY dealership / salesman dependant.

HTH

Tony
Old 03-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, that sounds more like a dealership problem. If you can go to the dealership and talk to the sales manager about this I'd do it. Threatening to not buy the truck might be necessary if they get mouthy with you.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Both of my trucks ('99 and 04.5) were ordered the way I wanted them. Not what was on the lot. Both arrived exactly 9 weeks to the day from when I ordered them!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:13 AM

called yesterday and the order still hasn't been picked up. I'll call the dealership sometime today...
Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scoutman
called yesterday and the order still hasn't been picked up. I'll call the dealership sometime today...
Get your deposit back and find another dealer for breach of contract. (Not meeting delivery date.) Obviously, their standing with DC is not good. They are on a "list" of somekind.

You can still use them for service if you want, they will be glad to take your service business reguardless of where you bought it.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Try member Tomeygun via PM. He's good people and has sold thousands of trucks-- many to DTR and TDR members all over the US.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:37 AM

Well there was no breach of contract cause they never guaranteed any certain delivery date.

I also called another dealer in the area (different region) and they said it is taking from 12-16 weeks to get trucks in from the time they are ordered to the time they hit the lot.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well there was no breach of contract cause they never guaranteed any certain delivery date.

I also called another dealer in the area (different region) and they said it is taking from 12-16 weeks to get trucks in from the time they are ordered to the time they hit the lot.
Not trying to argue with you, I'm trying to help. They did give you the date in weeks right? 4-10 weeks. If it is past 10 weeks from the date of the contract the contract is now voidable unless both parties agree to extend the date.

That's all the judge would need, trust me on that.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:05 AM

I ordered on 2/22, no date yet or vin.I was told they only build so many units a month, mine is a 3500 Laramie mega 4x4 after they get that amount ordered they will not take any more orders that month and you are pushed back till next months order.and now I think with this 0% we are all waiting.
My problem is I sold my truck and I am holding the guy off as long as I can.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:14 AM

Alright Another Scout Guy

Just called the 1-800 # and they show that the order was not canceled and that it is still a valid order although it has not yet been picked up... Back to waiting...
Not hi- jacking (hope you get your truck soon)
Got several Scouts my friend- 79,79,78,77 tons of parts. Great 4X4.
I rebuilt my dads 79 in 90. I even have a 79 with 46,000 original miles on it- It needs another rebuild now. Good to know another Scout guy!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
Not hi- jacking (hope you get your truck soon)
Got several Scouts my friend- 79,79,78,77 tons of parts. Great 4X4.
I rebuilt my dads 79 in 90. I even have a 79 with 46,000 original miles on it- It needs another rebuild now. Good to know another Scout guy!
Its always good to know another scout guy!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:03 AM

I am in the same boat, I ordered through TomeyGunn and have pretty much forgotten about the truck as much as possible. I figure the longer it takes to get in the more time I have to save more money for the downpayment and stuff. Good luck, hope you get your truck soon. Scotty
Old 03-31-2006, 11:23 AM

The reason I never order a truck is the way dealers often fail to deliver the goods in any timely manner - This truck was on the lot, just what I wanted, and good to go - two hours after I first saw it, I owned it.

Quick Reply: Patience is a virtue?