3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Order pushed to 06???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order pushed to 06???

Reading about everyone getting their new trucks in has gotten me a little concerned about my order (2005 2500 Laramie QC 4x4) . I don't want to press Dealer about when he ordered the truck until I get some feed back here, but I ordered my truck towards the end of March and I'm assuming they should at least have some updates about the truck now. I call him and he says that I will be getting an 06 b/c they ran out of diesels. Dealer explanation is that they get in a cue after they place the order so even when a truck is ordered there is a possibility of the truck not getting in before the cut off date. My current status is bz on the order according to him.

Is this really possible for a truck to be ordered 2 weeks before cut off and it not get in the cue? Dealer says expect truck to be in around July. Depending on feedback I'm going to request VON from him to see when the truck was ordered.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:28 PM

Yeah, from what I was told before getting mine a couple of weeks ago, that is entirely possible at the end of the MY cycle. The dealer really had no reason to lie to me (family friend and they knew that I was going to buy one either way). I think that they are shooting straight with you. I think that sometimes smaller dealers have a little harder time getting their orders pushed through, but I don't know why that would be. We had a similar situation pop up when my wife ordered her 300C.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:06 PM

vcoyle,
I've has success with dealers that do a lot of gov't, military or business/fleet orders. They seem to get the priority, at least from what I can tell. But, as mentioned above it does sound about right. I ordered my 04.5 in mid-april of last year and it came in 6 weeks later to the day, just before the new year model delays that occured. Be patient, I know it was hard to wait on your new baby. In my case, I was online everyday at DC following the progress of my vehicle. I have eveydays updated status printed out, including all current documentaion (except fuel receipts) since receiving it. I'm very ****, but if you ever buy a used vehicle from me, rest assured you know it's true full history.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:11 PM

As I understand it dealers get a set allotment each month based I believe upon their sales. I think sometimes they can get extra vehicles if their are extra but in a case where all the vehicles are spoken for that may not happen. So if you dealer didn't have that big of an allotment, or had filled his allotment up with stock orders you may have gotten bumped to the next month which would have put you past the cutoff for 05 model year.

Checkout www.newdodgeorder.com or Pm tomeygun he works at a dealership as a salesman and can probably answer you questions better. His website usually has listing for what is on hold and what is built out for the month/ model year.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:29 PM

I wish the dealer would have informed me about this... they were $1000 lower than anyone around on their pricing, but this wait will lower my trade-in, kills moral, and I'll be less likely to recommend this dealer to anyone. Lowest price I guess is not always the best route to go.

Anyone know if the body style of the 2500 will change like the mega cab?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:04 PM

I ordered mine on April 15th. I mentioned to my dealer about a cut off date for having 05's built. He looked into it. I went back a week later to put more money down, and as I walked into the showroom, He told me I lucked out, said that he had to pull strings to have my order go through, He told D/C I was disabled from my job, and they pulled a, "OK, I'll do it for him". Dealer handed me my build sheet with my name and address on it, had a vin#, and said its just a matter of waiting. I see from this site, Northeast orders are averaging 11 weeks give or take. I too wanted to make sure I got the look of the 05. I dont want to get stuck getting the Butt ugly Mega cab. If I had no choice, I would have shopped for a GMC.

Good luck
Old 05-11-2005, 02:41 AM

I think Badd Dogg is talking about an order number - dealer can't come up
with a VIN number for a truck that is being ordered.
Also - GM cut off was same date - you can get the cut-off dates for all mfgrs
on the internet - which turned out to be very accurate for GM & D/C.

I had been searching prices from various dealers - including out of state. I heard
from 3 different dealers in 3 states via e-mails - cut-off: Wed April 13.
In my time zone they were saying 11 AM. [Apparently by a bulletin from D/C.]
So cut-off is/was no secret - - if they say they don't know, it's BS.

Local dealer (that I ordered from) had same info, same date, etc.
When you place an order you (should) get an order number - right then,
not when the sales rep "feels like it"!

I placed my order on 4-12 at noon. Called D/C today, guy at other end had to
put me on hold several times - but gave me a VIN #, said it was built and
had been shipped to the dealer. [They can't tell you when it will get there!]
Call D/C at (800) 992-1997 follow the "prompts" til you get a real person.

They should be able to tell you (now) if you're going to get the '05 truck you
ordered. [You DO need an order number, however].

Call or P/M TomeyGun - if your dealer dropped the ball. He would have been my choice if he was a bit more "geographically convenient". He is for you!
Old 05-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Called D/C today, told me my truck was built, it left the plant, and it's in route to the dealer. So, Even though I put my order in past 4/12 noon time, I still got my truck built. Dealer CAN give a vin# on a truck being built. On my sheet I got from my dealer, a week after I told him to order, It had a VON# and a VIN#. So, even though people are saying there was a 4/12/05 cut off date for the 05's to be built, I guess there were a few exceptions. When I called D/C's 800 number, they found my truck by the VIN#, told me my name, color of truck, and where I bought it from, before I even mentioned it to them. SO all in all, my truck was built after the so called cut off date, and the 800 number helped confirm. I doubt by this time though, you'll get an 05 built. I would say any questions, call the 800 number, they helped alot.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:03 PM

Fellow Dodge Owners....
I think I'm getting the run around on my truck. To be honest i don't think they ordered this truck until last week. The sales manager says they knew about my truck no longer being produced in march, and he thought that the sales rep would have contacted me. I've caught them too many times lying to believe their stories now. Next to the Bible I read all the forums and none of them say anything about a short supply of 2500's. Sales rep told me earlier that they wouldn't give me rebates for the 05 on the 06.
Unless they decide to work w/ me on rebates, i'm going to cancel the order and try to get my $500 back. I've owned 2 excellent dodges (1500 & 2500) and I've never had this much trouble, w/ a dealer. I wish these dealers were as dependable as the trucks they sell.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:46 PM

Well the dealership is finally admitting that they dropped the ball on this one. Luckily I work for a pretty important law firm here so they are trying to make me happy. Bad news travels faster than good news. Supposedly word is working itself up to the owner of the dealership and they are still trying to smooth things out. They are refunding my $500 and they are still trying to come up w/ a way to keep me happy. I told them they needed give me an 06 at invoice w/ a $3000 rebate or they are out of luck on it. I'm waiting to see what they'll do, and if it doesn't work out I'm going shopping again.

I want to see what the new 2500's will look like. Don't know if I can trust this dealer's word, but supposedly only the mega cab is getting the new front end. I can't see how they would change the front end on the mega cab only though. Does anyone know when the pricing will be coming out for the 06's