3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Opinions on Soft Tonneau Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on Soft Tonneau Covers

Looking to pick up a soft type tonneau for my '07 Mega. Primarily for covering luggage on our upcoming vacation. I have looked at the Extang covers online, but not in person. Anybody own one of these and care to share their opinion?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:31 PM

Have a Truxport and love it. Great customer service and warranty as well. They have a few different designs. I've had mine on for about 2 years and it is wearing well. Keeps the bed dry as a bone.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:32 PM

I`ve got the soft Extang snapless cover , and love it. It`s easy to roll up out of the way when I need to haul something too big to fit under it , and it`s weatherproof as well.

I`ve had it for a couple of years now , and it`s still in great shape..no rips or tears.

It`s one of the most usefull things I`ve bought for my truck.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got the Extang Trifecta three-section cover and love it. It folds up in sections to leave the front on-third of the bed covered. Just two wingnuts if you want to remove it completely. It will just fit in the back seat of the quad cab if I move the passenger seat forward. Made it handy recently when I came across a load of mulch.

I like the Trifecta in that it does not have permanent rails installed. I did add a tailgate lock in the handle since Dodge in their infinite wisdom deemed it unnecessary. The Trifecta sits on the top of the tailgate so you can open the tailgate without opening the bed cover. I like this feature since mostly I just drop the tailgate and put in the groceries, or whatever. Ready tailgate access will also be handy if your truck is lifted, or someone shorter than six feet needs to put something in the bed.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM

I've got an AgriCover Access, which is a roll-up. It installed easily (that says a lot coming from me, Mr. AllThumbs) and works well. Nice, tight fit, no wrinkles, no leaks.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 AM

I've been using Extang covers for several years on a number of different trucks. They make good products. They don't hold up well to abuse, but none of the soft covers do. Replacement parts are readily available through their customer service. I found the folding type to be most adaptable style.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:03 AM

The Mopar cover came on my truck when I bought it and I have been impressed with it. It is a roll up design that keeps the bed dry and is easy to remove and replace.

Bill
Old 05-14-2008, 07:07 AM

I to have used extang covers on three different trucks and never had a problem with any of them. I am currently using a extang full tilt and really like it. You can either roll it up or take the full cover off in about 20 secs. Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 05-14-2008, 09:31 AM

I have a Sportsmasters TC and love it. This is my second one, I had an 98 Dakota with one. They have never shrank, faded, and never had a seem come loose. The best part about this TC IMHO is the fact that the snaps on the bed rails do not slide to the ends of the rails. They stay in one spot. I looked at covers that had snaps that slid all over the place, to me that meant that the cover was always changing from the heat and cold. I have never had to touch this cover or the other one on a cold or warm day. Very goood cover.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. I really like the looks of the Extang Black Max and also the TriFecta. I'll be picking one up in a few days. Thanks again.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM

I recently bought an Extang tuff tonno and really like the fit and finish. It has a J-groove on the backside and a real clean lowprofile look around the edges. It also has a unique tailgate bar that cinches the cover down as you rotate it.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:31 AM

I have the Extang Express. Great cover and a great price. Got it online for around $300.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:02 AM

I have a Lite Rider soft tonneau that I picked up on Craigslist brand new in the box for half price. I had the same cover on my last two longbeds and it held up well but i could not put it on the Mega bed. Genosgarage sells the liteRider cover. I checked my bed this morning and there was not a drop of water in there even though it rained pretty hard last night......
Old 05-16-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow I never realized there were so many brands!
you guys should post pics of them!!
it would be cool to have a thread with all different brands and types of covers.
I would like to find one I can modify to fit with my stack????
anybody know a good one for that?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Just picked up a Lund tri-fold this morning! 6 months old (looks like new) for $150! Craigslist did me right! I'm pumped! It looks and fits great.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Soft Tonneau Covers