3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Opinions/experience with adjustable pedals?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions/experience with adjustable pedals?

I hope to place an order for a 04.5 w/ 6 spd within the next 72 hrs (2500 4x2 SLT SWB). I've pretty much decided on all the options I want, except one: power adjustable pedals. I've not been successful in finding a local dealer that has a truck with adj. pedals on the lot, much less a 6 spd with them. Heck, I drove over an hour to a distant dealer just to find a 6 spd to drive and it wasn't a 600 .

One of the things that struck me most about the two trucks I drove, both auto and manual, is the awesome brake pedal feel...solid with no take up travel. I race cars (autocross) as my passion/hobby and I LOVE good brakes. I don't want to order the pedals if that means adding any amount of slop to the pedal feel.

So, do the power adjustable pedals have any effect on the brake pedal feel?

Thanks a ton,
Steve
Old 02-24-2004, 06:25 AM

Windscreen,
There is no difference in the brake "feel" with the adjustable pedals. I am 6' 5" tall and have found the option to be quite useful for my driving style. In town, I have the seat back and the pedals down. This gives me plenty of room to operate them and get in and out of the truck. On the highway I do the opposite. I pull the seat forward a little so my arms do not have to streach to reach the top of the steering wheel (sort of like getting up on the wheel ). I then put the cruise control on, raise the pedals up as high as they will go, take off my shoes and rest my feet on the floor/firewall under the pedals. Makes a very comfortable setup for long freeway drives.

The Boss Hog
(Hea, it works for me . . . )
Old 02-24-2004, 07:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Windscreen,
The adjustable pedals is a worthwhile option. Especially if you have a short driver in the family.
I don't sense any changes in the brake, clutch or throttle feel with the pedals in different positions.

MikeyB
Old 02-24-2004, 07:52 AM

I'm 6'5 and my wife is 5'5 - even though she's only just learning how to drive the truck, those pedals really come in handy. I have had no problems with any sort of odd pedal feel.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by The Boss Hog
Windscreen,
I then put the cruise control on, raise the pedals up as high as they will go, take off my shoes and rest my feet on the floor/firewall under the pedals. Makes a very comfortable setup for long freeway drives.

The Boss Hog
(Hea, it works for me . . . )
Now what else would we expect from someone from Stuart? Barefoot, shorts and no shirt cruzzin in his big bad Hemi Cummins.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:01 AM

Windscreen,
I love my adj. pedals. My wife even loves them more!

They are a good option to have. Go for it.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:55 AM

I have them also and as others have said if you have one short driver and a tall one in the mix they really are nice. I have driven both one without the adjustable pedals and mine with them and tere is not any noticable difference in the feel of the peadal other than where they are in relation to the seat. It has been a really good option on my truck. So as others have said go for it you will like em
Old 02-24-2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by FiverBob
Now what else would we expect from someone from Stuart? Barefoot, shorts and no shirt cruzzin in his big bad Hemi Cummins.

WRONG! . . . . . . . . I had a tank top on.

The Boss Hog
(Cruzzin in Florida . . . . )
Old 02-24-2004, 10:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the exact same impression of the brakes when I first drove it also.....very firm with no fade. I've got the adjustable pedals and like 'em.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Muted User

No loss of feel with the power pedals, and a GREAT option! The better half is 5'2", and the power pedals were pretty much a "must" for her to drive the truck comfortably.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:46 AM

Thanks for all the good input, guys! Looks like I'll be ordering the adjustable pedals.

I just read another thread about the Employee Advantage program extension to one friend of the DC employee (through March)...and I happen to know someone that works at DC. This forum is awesome, and has saved me a lot of money and hassle. I can't say enough good things about you guys.

Well, I'm off to see who will give me the most money for my Chevy.

Steve
Old 02-24-2004, 07:52 PM

Windscreen, first, welcome to the DTR.

Second, I also wrangled back and forth about the power adjustable pedals. Then I decided to look further down the road and decided that if I ever get married to some short gal, she couldn't make me get rid of my truck just because she couldn't reach the pedals. So, I'm getting them.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:12 PM

Another reason to go with the adjustable pedals: Even if there's only 4" or 5" between two drivers, this option will keep the shorter person from being too close to the airbag. For the low price ($120/$106) for any driver less than 5"5" it's worth it, imho.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:53 PM

windscreen
I had to order my 04.5.I couldn't find a truck that had adjustable pedals and cloth seats. Ordered on 12/15 and still waiting for my baby. However, it's well worth the wait!!!!Hoss is right, there's nothing like the comfort on a long haul. Besides the wife loves driving trucks, she's 5'0" and I'm 20" inches taller than her.
good luck

I CAN'T LEGALLY SLOW DANCE WITH MY WIFE
Odie
Old 02-24-2004, 10:33 PM

Thanks again for all the info, guys. I just placed my order tonight. Now the wait begins!

Steve

Quick Reply: Opinions/experience with adjustable pedals?