3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

It only took 3 tries for the dealer to rotate my tires!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It only took 3 tries for the dealer to rotate my tires!

I took my truck in yesterday for an oil change and tire rotation. One hour and 15 minutes later, they said it was done. I settled the bill and went out to my truck. I checked the duallies on the back. Then I went back in and got the service manager. I said I had a problem I needed to show him. We went out to the truck and I asked him how I was supposed to check and air up the inside dual tire on both sides. He looked, and he couldn't find the valve stem either. Whoever rotated them didn't know what he was doing. Not only were the stems not matched up, but the inside tire stems didn't even line up with a hole in the outer rim. If you got in front of the tires and looked between them, you could see the stem. No way would you get a tire guage or air chuck on them without pulling the outer tire. So it went back into the shop to re-rotate the tires. Half hour later, he said they were done....again. Yes...I checked again. This time the stems lined up, but they had left the outer screw on cap on the inside duals. I made the service manager come out and switch the caps so both duallies had the push-to-check type valve covers. Two hours after I first got there, they finally had it right.

We are full-timers and live in our RV. It is really difficult for me to do any work on my truck because few RV parks allow working on vehicles. How I envy you guys who have your own garages and tools to do all your own work on your trucks.

The service manager was very nice and apologetic about the situation. His excuse was "We don't get many duallies in here."
Old 02-23-2005, 09:33 AM

That's obvious! And most likely they don't pay the guy who rotates tires peanuts, so can't get anyone who knows what they are doing. And it's an attitude problem. Don't give a darn. Good thing you checked 'em out before you pulled out.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:43 PM

Sounds very similar to mine........they left the front tire valve covers on the inside rear duals........try checking air like that.

Good thing it only cost 16.95 for a dually rotation.......
Old 02-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Sam's did that for me. I fixed them when I got home. The next time they were due for rotation, I told them about it, and I was very nice. Apparently they did not enjoy being asked to do their job correctly and made sure it took over 3 hours to rotate them and they still did not offset the duals correctly. Wrote a letter to the company about the horrible service never ever got a response from them.

I will never recommend them to anyone ever.

James