3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

OEM looking gauges

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM looking gauges

Is there any set of gauges out there that match the look of the OEM gauges in the dash? I’m going for an “OEM” look on the interior so would like to get gauges that look like they came with the truck from the factory

The closest I have been able to find are these Auto Meter Phantom II series gauges:

Auto Meter Phantom II

However it says the back light is white instead of the green our trucks use. Does anyone know of a better batch for our truck interior, or if it would be possible to swap out the white LED for a green one?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:33 PM

isspro and dipricol
Old 10-31-2007, 07:45 PM

No,you can't swap the L.E.D. light. I have the Phonton II's and wish i would of got the isspro if i knew about the product.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 PM

Take a look on diesel manors web site. They are not exact but close.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I went with the orig Phantom gauges on my 03's. Both trucks had the dark slate interior and it matched the bezels really well. I added the green bulb covers. I didn't like the Isspro's because of the chrome rings. The backlight was nice though. Just couldn't get past the chrome. Yeah, tried the Phantom II's probably for the same reason as you. Backlit panel through the numbers, only in white though.

Chris
Old 11-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Isspro gauges are nice. So are the Dipricol guages. I have the Isspro gauges and I personaly think they match very well. Black bezels with white faces. The lettering is black but, it's green at night. Check out www.dieselmanor.com. They are as close as you will get.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 AM

Isspro
Old 11-01-2007, 07:50 AM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Can our guy in the DTR store get these? Might be interested now. Black bezels hmmmmmm.

Chris
Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 AM

they might

dieselmanor . com has a package deal on them
Old 11-01-2007, 08:33 AM

I got ISSPRO from diesel manor with the black bezel.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:49 AM

I too wanted to keep the factory look for my gauges so I ordered the SRT10 A pillar mount (handle w/1 gauge pod) and the 3 gauge dash mount. ISSPRO White Dial, Black Bezel, Red Pointer gauges were designed to specifically match the '03-Up Dodge Ram OE instrument cluster: I'm getting the pyro, trans, fuel, boost, tranny line and the MBRP 4" CAT Back T-304 S.S. exhaust system all from Diesel Manor. The gauges arrive today!! Can't wait to get started on the install. I'll post pics when done.

Question: The 3 gauge dash mount comes in black. Does anyone know what the paint code is that will match the dark grey of the dashboard? What brand plastic spray paint, VHT?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 AM

FWIW: I had been aware that the wristwatch industry refers to watch "faces" as "dials" and when I googled the phrase "custom gauge dials" recently, I got some interstin' results as far as li'l bizzes that will customize a gauge "dial" or face or whatever you call it. One of them also mentioned that they will take it apart & put it back together after they do the redoing.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the isspros also have "roll on" bezel covers so if you don't like black or if you want ot match your exterior color, whatever, you can get pretty close with them. I spied them with my lil eye on dieselmanor.com ....
Old 11-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
paint info

Originally Posted by Extrema2
I too wanted to keep the factory look for my gauges so I ordered the SRT10 A pillar mount (handle w/1 gauge pod) and the 3 gauge dash mount. ISSPRO White Dial, Black Bezel, Red Pointer gauges were designed to specifically match the '03-Up Dodge Ram OE instrument cluster: I'm getting the pyro, trans, fuel, boost, tranny line and the MBRP 4" CAT Back T-304 S.S. exhaust system all from Diesel Manor. The gauges arrive today!! Can't wait to get started on the install. I'll post pics when done.

Question: The 3 gauge dash mount comes in black. Does anyone know what the paint code is that will match the dark grey of the dashboard? What brand plastic spray paint, VHT?
they should have factory match paint on dieselmanor.com Here's the link, I don't have any personal experience, but it's suppose to work.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/sm_paint.asp

hope this helps .... please post pics when you're done, I am thinking of the exact same setup. Thx!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Westach has some white background guages that match as well. Mine came from Geno's Garage.

Quick Reply: OEM looking gauges